Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in the process of doing an electric cooling fan setup on my 06 6.0. What is the ideal operating temp for these trucks and where would I put the new sensor for the fans? Ill be running duel spal 16 inch fans with a programmable controller. The reason im going with electric fans is cause of the rules for the pro mod pulling class up here, no engine driven fans allowed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Would you have the fans come on at 190 then off at 180? I have always heard that the head is the best place for the sensor but im thinking that would be a bit difficult

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I put the sender for my coolant temp gauge in a port in the side of the block, could this be a good place for the OP to mount the sensor for the fans? It's easier than drilling and taping, you just need a metric to 1/8th NPT adapter (assuming the new sensor is 1/8 NPT).

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I put the sender for my coolant temp gauge in a port in the side of the block, could this be a good place for the OP to mount the sensor for the fans? It's easier than drilling and taping, you just need a metric to 1/8th NPT adapter (assuming the new sensor is 1/8 NPT).
:whs: You beat me to it, I was just going to ask that as I just read a thread about that topic that was posted awhile back

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
A great place to drill and tap is in the cap on the oil cooler coolant outlet.

The thermostat starts to open at 190. Its full open around 220.

·
Diesel Enthusiast
392 Posts
I'm using the extra ports on the coolant filter housing. I've had it there for a little over the year and seems pretty consistent.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the input guys, ill be running the sensor in the oil cooler coolant outlet, looks like a pretty good place for it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts