Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone make a pushlock hose that is rated and appropriate for use with hot coolant? I like pushlock hose and would like to go that route for a project I am looking at. I need it in 3/8 size.

·
Don't EFN worry about it
15,588 Posts
Does anyone make a pushlock hose that is rated and appropriate for use with hot coolant? I like pushlock hose and would like to go that route for a project I am looking at. I need it in 3/8 size.
Tom, parker makes a hose I think you can get it thru Jegs its fuel rated and good for 300 psi.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Tom, parker makes a hose I think you can get it thru Jegs its fuel rated and good for 300 psi.
If it is rated for coolant also, it may require a clamp for the low pressures it will see.

I haven't seen a push-lok hose rated for use with coolant, a call to some of the manufacturer's may be what's needed.

Dave

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
Why are you wanting to use pushlock hose?

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just thinking ahead to a little project and was curious of a way to avoid hose clamps on a smaller diameter coolant hose. I played with google a little to see what I could find and did not have much luck so I thought I would ask around since a lot of you guy are some much more knowlegeable on this stuff. I always like learning more as well.

I did stuble across some information that just like Dave said clamps maybe required.

Might be sticking with the regular Gates hose that I have had good luck with.

Tom

·
Caption This
4,258 Posts
I'm not sure why you are trying to avoid using hose clamps but if it is because they are ugly, look at polymeric clamps. Also, Dayco makes a premium 3/8" heater hose.

·
< YOU WISH...
775 Posts
I have ran the russell "Twist-Loc" hose with coolant and it is fine. The web site even lists heater hose as uses. I did use constant tension (Oetiker) clamps as suggested. I believe it is due to the elevated temps of the coolant and IIRC they are actually recommended for any temps over 160*

Clamps
http://www.hweckhardt.com/clamps/new2/2-Ear%20Clamps.htm

Hose I have used with good results
Russell Performance - Twist-Lok Hoses

The red flare nuts are just slip on covers and I discarded those even on the ones I didn't clamp.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'm not sure why you are trying to avoid using hose clamps but if it is because they are ugly, look at polymeric clamps. Also, Dayco makes a premium 3/8" heater hose.
Ed, great idea and your crystal ball is pretty darn shiny today. I have looked at those before but had not even thought of it. Cool!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts