Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just lifted my 06 F250 6.0L and put 38s on and i had to take about 100 mile trip back home and ever since i got it home it has been leaking coolant when it gets hot and has a bad burning coolant smell. It also make a sound like when a car sets for a while and you start it up and get on it with out letting it warm up, like an open compresser letting out alot of air kinda.
Anyone have this problem.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
Sounds like your truck has puked. Check around the degass bottle for white residue or other signs of puking. Might need a new degass cap.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya i notice alot of white dried residue all over the engine compartment. So i should get it to ford ASAP.??

·
The Unseen Mod
4,126 Posts
Replace the cap its only couple bucks see what happens then, if you hear rush or air or such could be a cracked y-pipe, smell in the truck could also be bad heater core.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So took it into ford this morning and so far they found a leak in the bottom of the degas bottle, he is replacing it and then pressure testing it to see if the head gaskets are bad.

·
Registered
652 Posts
So took it into ford this morning and so far they found a leak in the bottom of the degas bottle, he is replacing it and then pressure testing it to see if the head gaskets are bad.
Keep us posted
2 stroker

·
Registered
341 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welp got it back today and all it was a leak in the bottom of the degas bottle so they replaced it and all is good. Dodged a bullet there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts