Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 6.0, bulletproof EGR cooler installed about 18k miles ago. Just started leaking coolant, at least enough to see it now, that it has been sub zero temps. I pulled it in the garage when it wasn't throwing any heat out - down about 2 gallons! I added 2 gallons of mix, and put it back in the driveway. 24 hours later I go to start it and see a huge puddle again.

The degas bottle was at the minimum line the entire time, until I cracked open the cap, then it went down.

Checked under the hood, everything is dry around the EGR cooler and heads, hoses are dry. Under the truck's front, I see the dripping coming from the center, front of the engine behind the radiator. Dripping down the power steering pump, which is now a huge pile of rust :(

I can't see the water pump with the shrouds in the way, does this sound like a water pump failure? I just don't want to dig into this thing and find out I bought a Bulletproof pump for no reason! Its dripping about a drop a second, and seems to stop after about 2 gallons is gone.

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever figure out where your leak was coming from? I recently purchased an 06 6.0 that has had the heads done along with egr delete and i just had to replace the HPOP and now i notice its leaking from the front case leaving a decent size puddle everywhere she sits... is this a common issue?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Did you ever figure out where your leak was coming from? I recently purchased an 06 6.0 that has had the heads done along with egr delete and i just had to replace the HPOP and now i notice its leaking from the front case leaving a decent size puddle everywhere she sits... is this a common issue?
Water pumps go out and start leaking in all vehicles. The 6.0 water pumps fail but it's not normally a reoccurring problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts