Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall, long time no see...

so IM sittin at 195k and thanks to me edge i can tell that its time for a waterpump, thermostat, and maybe fan clutch (the other day the oil hit 216 crusing at 65 on a very very long but extremely shallow grade like you can barely tell its a grade type of hill, so i turn around and went home before i got to the steep mountain)......ok so i know i need to do that but what i need to know is why the heck is there a very slow drip of coolant dripping on the passenger side FLOOR MAT!?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
wow that was a ####ty post yall....sorry...wheres the edit button?

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
drip on the floor mat would mean heater core needs to be replaced.

·
Registered
911 Posts

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
216 is not crazy warm but warm enough I would be doing some checking.

·
Offical Puddle Displacer
2,339 Posts
what they said the drip on the mat is your heater core going. also you might not need a water pump or tstat, how old is the coolant? how many miles are on it it may be the only problem

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
what they said the drip on the mat is your heater core going. also you might not need a water pump or tstat, how old is the coolant? how many miles are on it it may be the only problem
yeah im definitely sure that was a factor cuz in the year ive had the truck i havent changed it and i doubt the guy i bought if from had in the last three or four so im definitely going to do that as well. but with 200k around the corner i figure i better at least think about it lol

oh and thanks for the help with the heater core, is that a hard install?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I find it pretty easy to hit 220F oil temperature (especially when towing, which I normally use the truck for). I'd say if your coolant stays normal, that your oil temperature is also normal at 216F on a hot day at highway speed and on any type of upward grade.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hmm any other opinions? im definitely going to change the coolant

1 - 9 of 9 Posts