Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

Coolant issues......??????

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  Mdub707 
#1 ·
I have FIRERINGED heads from hypermax, And yes they do machine the heads for these gaskets...........

I have innovative tunes, which run crazy cylinder pressures.. I started pushing coolant last Monday... I have been drivin the truck off and on since then, but the last time that I drove it was this Tuesday(March, 9th).. I just went out side to look and see if there was coolant still ON the degas bottle, and there wasnt. But when i cracked the bottle open, there was still pressure in there from almost 3 days ago... If i was pressurising the coolant system, there should be a leak somewhere, and the pressure should have been slowly leaking, but why the PHUCK is there still pressure in the system......... On my way home tuesday i was givin her HELL, the clutch hated me too, and after givin her hell I still didnt see any signs of coolant leakin....
I was ready to pull the cab but now im second guessing the gasket issues... any help would be amazing.....

#6 ·
I have FIRERINGED heads from hypermax, And yes they do machine the heads for these gaskets...........

I have innovative tunes, which run crazy cylinder pressures.. I started pushing coolant last Monday... I have been drivin the truck off and on since then, but the last time that I drove it was this Tuesday(March, 9th).. I just went out side to look and see if there was coolant still ON the degas bottle, and there wasnt. But when i cracked the bottle open, there was still pressure in there from almost 3 days ago... If i was pressurising the coolant system, there should be a leak somewhere, and the pressure should have been slowly leaking, but why the PHUCK is there still pressure in the system......... On my way home tuesday i was givin her HELL, the clutch hated me too, and after givin her hell I still didnt see any signs of coolant leakin....
I was ready to pull the cab but now im second guessing the gasket issues... any help would be amazing.....
How much pressure are we talking about? 1psi? 15psi? The pressure is there as your friend to help you raise the boiling point of the fluid. The rate at which the pressure builds is a whole other story.

#7 ·
I would say 5 psi..... Was left in the system. Hard to judge though, I never herd of it holdin pressure that long though!!! I'll have go beat the hell outta her and find out what's the deal!!! Thanks Doug!

#9 ·
I'm in the same boat right now. Except I'm losing a gallon of coolant every 3K miles or less. Put dye in it and blacklighted it checking for leaks and nothing :bonk: Anywhere to look other than heads?

#11 ·
No smoke no moisture...

#12 ·
Yeah mine did that for a while too, until the gasket finally failed in a major way. THEN I had white smoke pouring out of my exhaust. Until then though I lost it like crazy.

I have not read about one single good thing with the fire ringed heads on a 6.0 on any of the boards I've been on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.