Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am flushing the coolant from my truck, 03 with a 6.0, radiator and block plugs. When I refill, I can only get between 4 and 5 gallons back in. I have drained it twice and refilled twice and let the truck run until hot in between. Is this normal or does it have to run a long time . Please advise.

Thanks,

Wesley

·
Dead dinosaur consumer
163 Posts
thats about right on the amount of coolant it takes. when we do studs it takes about that much too

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
When I did mine I did it a little differently than most would. I went to the store and bought twenty gallons of distilled water and four gallons of motocraft gold colant. I drained the radiator through the petcock then i filled back with the water started the truck and let it get warm enough for the heat to blow warm. Then I opend up the petcock about half way with the cap off and the truck running with the heater on. Everytime the degas bottle would empty I filled it with the water (about 19 gallons). It takes some time but it works when the fluid draining was clear I shut the truck off and let the radiator drain. Then tighten up the petcock and fill with straight collant. Put cap back on and take for a ride to mix water in block and heatercore with the collant in radiator.

·
Captain Negativity!
3,109 Posts
That's all you are going to get unless you turn the engine upside down.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts