Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
NSTY 6OH
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into purchasing a coolant filter kit for my truck really soon. My only question is, where do I get replacement filters? If I can get them from local parts stores that would be great. Any info or part numbers would be great too! Thanks everyone.

·
Still learning
368 Posts
Any heavy truck dealer should have some, or some ag dealers may have them.

Think Caterpillar, Kenworth, Peterbilt, International, or ug Cummins dealers. As for p/n they can cross whatever number you have.

·
Banned
924 Posts
napa is wix, wix would be the same part number just has a 2 in front of it ex. 24070

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
napa is wix, wix would be the same part number just has a 2 in front of it ex. 24070
I dont remember the part number. The filters are the same but the local Napa was way more exspensive.

·
Coal Blower
569 Posts
Fleetguard WF-2077
Baldwin B5089 (shorter version)
Baldwin B5134
John Deere RE11992
Caterpillar 9Y4528
Cummins 3300721
Wix 24070
NAPA 4070

·
Banned
924 Posts
they are about $11 at napa...cheaper if you work there LOL

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Do these filters comply with this from the website:

Question: I've changed the spin on filter recently, using a different filter than you sent with your systems, why am I seeing an excess amount of debris in my cut open filter? When I cut this filter open, there are now tablespoons of sludgy debris - nothing like the first time. Is my choice of filter better or worse? Is there something wrong with my engine?

Answer: If you are seeing sludge and spoonfuls of debris, you must be using an SCA(Supplemental Coolant Additive) charged filter. They are packed with a solid particle/tablets from the manufacturer that release a chemical over time. What you are left with is a pile of debris inside of your filter. They are not filtering better, you just have more to filter now. This debris did not come from your engine. It is simply from using the wrong filter. The debris is travelling through your system now, so you have added more debris to your existing problem. You are constantly releasing then recapturing the same debris that you have added. Be aware that the coolant manufacturer clearly states you should NOT use SCAs in the 6.0L Premium Gold system. The additives can be labeled as SCAs or BTAs - neither are acceptable. Use the non-charged filters and you will see actual engine debris only. So, while you can purchase replacement filters locally, make sure they are non-charged before you purchase. DIESELSITE USES AND SELLS ONLY NON-CHARGED FILTERS FOR OUR SYSTEMS.
A second and bigger problem with using SCA/BTA charged filters is that they are designed for much larger cooling systems than are found on the Powerstroke. A charged filter would be majorly overdosing the system on additives. This results in an extreme amount of sediment fallout, which will cause more wear then the small amount of debris you were trying to stop to begin with. So, there may not be something wrong with your engine now, but to continue using the filters could definitely cause major issues down the road with EGR coolers, radiators, water pumps or anything the coolant comes in contact with.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Do these filters comply with this from the website:

Question: I've changed the spin on filter recently, using a different filter than you sent with your systems, why am I seeing an excess amount of debris in my cut open filter? When I cut this filter open, there are now tablespoons of sludgy debris - nothing like the first time. Is my choice of filter better or worse? Is there something wrong with my engine?

Answer: If you are seeing sludge and spoonfuls of debris, you must be using an SCA(Supplemental Coolant Additive) charged filter. They are packed with a solid particle/tablets from the manufacturer that release a chemical over time. What you are left with is a pile of debris inside of your filter. They are not filtering better, you just have more to filter now. This debris did not come from your engine. It is simply from using the wrong filter. The debris is travelling through your system now, so you have added more debris to your existing problem. You are constantly releasing then recapturing the same debris that you have added. Be aware that the coolant manufacturer clearly states you should NOT use SCAs in the 6.0L Premium Gold system. The additives can be labeled as SCAs or BTAs - neither are acceptable. Use the non-charged filters and you will see actual engine debris only. So, while you can purchase replacement filters locally, make sure they are non-charged before you purchase. DIESELSITE USES AND SELLS ONLY NON-CHARGED FILTERS FOR OUR SYSTEMS.
A second and bigger problem with using SCA/BTA charged filters is that they are designed for much larger cooling systems than are found on the Powerstroke. A charged filter would be majorly overdosing the system on additives. This results in an extreme amount of sediment fallout, which will cause more wear then the small amount of debris you were trying to stop to begin with. So, there may not be something wrong with your engine now, but to continue using the filters could definitely cause major issues down the road with EGR coolers, radiators, water pumps or anything the coolant comes in contact with.
I know the Napa filter has no charge in it. It says it right on the box.

·
"Smoke A Lil Smoke"
2,054 Posts
is it the same filter for the sinister coolant filter? I was gonna go that route over the diesel sites.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
is it the same filter for the sinister coolant filter? I was gonna go that route over the diesel sites.
Yes I use the napa on my sinister coolant filter, Cross referenced the filter that come with the kit and it came up to a napa 4070 same filter. You will be fine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I gave a list of these filters not to long ago and sombody asked me if they were SCA free. All these filters cross-reference to each other and found more info on them the more I looked.

Are these all chemical free?

COOLANT FILTERS

Fleetguard WF-2077 yes
Baldwin B5134 yes
John Deere RE11992 yes
Caterpillar 9Y4528 yes
Cummins 3300721 yes
Wix 24070 yes and 27 micron
NAPA 4070 Yes and 27 micron
AC-Delco WF-108 can't find any info other than it cross-references
Fram PR3383 can't find any info other than it cross-references
Donaldson P554685 /ECF4085 Yes 20 micron
Alliance (Freightliner) WF2077 can't find any info other than it cross-references
CarQuest 89070 can't find any info other than it cross-references

size specs
Thread Size: 11/16-16
Outer Diameter: 3.66" (93 mm)
Gasket OD: 2.81" (71 mm)
Gasket ID: 2.42" (61 mm)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts