Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm using the coolant filter system from Dieselsite. It looks about the same.

·
401 Posts
I have the dieselsite also. It took about an hour to install. Make sure you have good drill bits. The location they tell you too mount it is on the frame and have to open the holes up some. Cheap drill bits will break.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I am also running the Dieselsite system, had it on my 6.0 also ...great system, in my opinion all diesel trucks should have a coolant filter.

·
Diesel fanatic
591 Posts
I am also running the Dieselsite system, had it on my 6.0 also ...great system, in my opinion all diesel trucks should have a coolant filter.
:whs: I am happy with mine. Cheap insurance.

·
401 Posts
If you are going to install one I suggest you drain and refill the system while installing. It is not that much longer to do. Pull the drain on the driver side of the block and the pet-cock in the radiator. This will help getting a lot of the crap out before installing the filter. I had a coolant filter on my 6.0 also. I flushed it prior to installing that one also.

·
zfsix4our
296 Posts
Have one also,helps with the oil cooler as well. Good PM.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I read, the main problem contaminating the coolant system is sand debris, leaching from the casted block. Thats why the Dieselsite recomends using one filter for a few weeks driving to catch all thats already there then change it out , the new one should be good for the much longer haul.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Do you guys think it's still a good idea to flush the cooling system every 60k miles if you have a filtration system or since it's constantly being filtered and having the filters changed there is no need to flush as often or at all?

·
Registered
82 Posts
had sand in every pleat. all the debris in the cooling system will the waterpump.

·
Registered
683 Posts
How much does a coolant filter run for?

·
Registered
299 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts