Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last week or so I've noticed a small coolant drip/smell. It's hitting the center support of the dual steering stabilizer and may be a golf ball to tennis ball size amount on the ground in the morning. Don't notice it while idling, mostly after sitting a bit. The truck in Not overheating. Water pump? Thanks in advance for any advice

·
PSN intsigator
6,742 Posts
Could be a loose clamp also

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've looked all around the clamps and everything is tight and dry. Can't see much from the bottom.
Guess I'll have to pull everything to get a visual as to whats going on.

·
PSN intsigator
6,742 Posts
Try a mirror

Sent from my super awesome outdated Samsung phone while waiting for masakimms# 500mA overdraw draw to catch fire which turd will be blamed for and we will be sitting on dustybumpers tailgate watching the fire and plotting against yommy.

Reactions: lomac

·
Administrator
8,253 Posts
Sounds like the water pump. But I would look at the weep hole on the bottom of the pump first.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I had a similar leak and replaced the water pump. It ended up being the doughnut between the intake and the block. Truck was leaning slightly to the drivers side and slightly downhill when parked and it would run down that side in the front.

My first vote is water pump. If that wasn't it then I would check that doughnut or something else up on the intake.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Do you have a coolant filter on the truck? I has a small leak right behind the alternator where the plastic T tied into the coolant lines. Took me a while to find it...it was hidden pretty good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts