Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did the coolant flush with Restore and Restore+ back in February of this year. I spent two days doing the flush. Driving for an hour with both the restore and restore+ and then who knows how many gallons of tap water I flushed through the system before flushing with distilled water and finally filling back up with ELC. I added a Sinister coolant bypass filter after the flushing process. I ran the first filter for eight months and this is what was still in the system even after the flush.

·
Registered
652 Posts
Good job, yes one at a time
2 stroker

·
Registered
646 Posts
I have one as well, just ran it 30,000 km's or so, cut it apart and found maybe a trace of sand the size of a dime or so. Still i have noticed my coolant resevoir is alot cleaner and i also did a flush prior to the install. Either way im going to run one on every diesel i ever own, it's just common sense to me.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
I've run them on all types of engines. It is the casting sand you are catching. For this reason in the older days we use to grind motor interiors and then paint them inside to help premote oil draining to the pan and to hold the cast sand to the block.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts