Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
6.4 Stroker
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering what you guys are seeing for oil and coolant temps once your truck has warmed up. I've noticed that lately my coolant temp has been climbing quickly under moderate to heavy acceleration, followed by EOT slowly catching up. My temps run about 194 ECT, and 195.8 EOT most of the time. If I go to get on the freeway, and I am giving the engine moderate load, my coolant sometimes quickly climbs to 202-206. EOT takes a while to catch up. After I reach speed and begin cruising, the temps go back down to normal and stay there for the most part. When I tow temps go way up, but these numbers are with the truck unloaded. I am just curious because it seems my truck heats up too easily, and I don't think it used too. Thanks for any input :D

·
Registered
556 Posts
I'm seeing a similar situation. I also notice that my ECT rises quickly under moderate to heavy acceleration. ECT will read about 200 and will settle down to 194 and will stay there even when EOT get up to 200+. I notice that pulling long steady hills that the EOT will reach 201-202 and the ECT never goes above 195. This was with outside temps of 35-50 degrees.
I'm Spartan tuned also.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
Those are pretty normal numbers guys, nothing to worry about.

·
Kilroy was here
128 Posts
My 06 shows coolant temps from 195 to 224 while pulling my toyhauler. When the temp gets to 224 the fan apparently kicks on and pulls it back down to 195. The oil temp maintains a steady 232 for the most part, but it has gotten as high as 240. EGR delete has already been done.

Any thoughts?

·
Kilroy was here
128 Posts
ttt

:popcorn:

26 Posts
My 06 shows coolant temps from 195 to 224 while pulling my toyhauler. When the temp gets to 224 the fan apparently kicks on and pulls it back down to 195. The oil temp maintains a steady 232 for the most part, but it has gotten as high as 240. EGR delete has already been done.

Any thoughts?
You may want to check your oil cooler.If you ect is at 195 and your oil temp is in the 230s.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
i usually see about 190 drivin melow. climbs to 205-10 if i gettin on it alot and pullin usually 196 untill a heavy hill then it climbs to 228 and the fan engages it will then usually hit and hold 230 for a sec and come back down the rise pretty evenly oil cools just a bit slower than coolant but not much usually within 2 degrees or so...

·
Registered
1,250 Posts

Any thoughts?
that oil is hot to just maintain that when the coolent drops so much. there cooled together so it should be really close like a couple of degrees. would deffinetly check your oil cooler. 240 is getting pretty damn hot to i dont like to see a drop over 230...

·
Registered
130 Posts
:whs: i never seen over 230 pulling 10ton up a grade.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
:whs: i never seen over 230 pulling 10ton up a grade.
yeah. do yours hit and hold 230 almost everytime your pullin heavy up a steep hill though? ive heard its uncommon but i pull a helluva lot of weight. and dont worry about it. and dose your coolent always stay a little low in the degas bottle? sorry for all the questions. dont usually see to many people that pull 18-20 k much.

·
6.4 Stroker
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah. do yours hit and hold 230 almost everytime your pullin heavy up a steep hill though? ive heard its uncommon but i pull a helluva lot of weight. and dont worry about it. and dose your coolent always stay a little low in the degas bottle? sorry for all the questions. dont usually see to many people that pull 18-20 k much.
I also pull very heavy sometimes, and I see temps like that as well. Quite often actually. I was pulling one day, and didn't have my tow/ haul engaged. My dashdaq alarm went off, and my trans was at about 225 or something :doh:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
I also pull very heavy sometimes, and I see temps like that as well. Quite often actually. I was pulling one day, and didn't have my tow/ haul engaged. My dashdaq alarm went off, and my trans was at about 225 or something :doh:
yeah my trans climbs right up without tow haul like 230. cools down quite fast once i put it in.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
looks like i got some white just on top of the degas. is that probably where my coolents goin because its always about a quarter inch below cold fill. heres a pic

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts