Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Road Hammer
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Truck is a 2000, would like to change the back lights in the dash/gauges and HVAC control to LED. Would like to eliminate the green and orange, and have the letters white with the dials red to match my Sport Comp II gauges. How would one go about this?

Is it like my Ranger was, pulling the gauge face out and sanding the translucent green paint off the backside of the gauges and painting the back of the needle red, or is there more too it? How about the HVAC controls?

Thanks guys, a quick search yielded nothing quite like I'm asking.

·
Modded by a Chevy Express
425 Posts
There is an insert behind the heater control face that is colored, you'd just need to remove it. As far as the pointers on the knobs, you'd probably need to knock out the green plastic slug, tape the front slot shut, and fill it with some sort of clear resin/epoxy.

The gauge face will be the delicate operation, first you'll have to peel it up without tearing it. If you scrape too much/too hard, you will take the surrounding black coating off as well.

·
Road Hammer
628 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Did find THIS thread as well, makes it look like exactly what I thought it would be. Gonna try it out one of these weekends I dig into the gauge cluster. Tired of seeing my ABS light, but loving being ABS-free, especially with winter around the bend!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts