Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty sure I know the answer to this, but I wanted to check before ordering.

Will the 05 and up headlights fit in the header panel of a 99 - 03 truck? I dont remember if there is slight cutting or what not.

Also, what bulbs do they take?

Thanks

·
Smoke 'em if ya got 'em.
145 Posts
The 05 lights fit, but you have to do some trimming. The trimming is very easy, and nothing to be afraid of. I can't remember the bulb number off the top of my head, as I converted to HIDs when I swapped headlights. Since its such a common swap, its pretty easy to find a conversion pigtail. I think riffraff has a nice picture on their website someplace that shows where you need to cut.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Some trimming get a 4 1/2" grinder with some cut off wheels...done in literally 10min.

I did HID's too, you may want to think about doing them, they are great much much better light.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's what I figured. Thanks guys. Looks like I will be ordering the Harley lights.

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,347 Posts

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I used riffraffs instructions for cutting and I ordered the eagle eye brand lights from eBay which came with the conversion harness. Easy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I believe the bulb size is an H13. Same used in a polaris ranger/razer.

I would highly recommend visiting The Retrofit Source Inc and reading up about doing a HID projector conversion

Power is nothing without control. Retrofitting is the process of installing a xenon or bi-xenon projector into a reflector based halogen headlight. It is the best HID headlight upgrade possible since the projector will control the light into a properly dispersed, non-glaring beam pattern.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats some pretty good info. The new lights came with bulbs, so now Im just waiting for my harness to arrive from RiffRaff and a warm day to do the change over. I dont think I will be going HID, not now anyway.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I got my lights in the Mail Thursday...I ran a bead of silicone all of the way around the lenses last night and will be installing them later today!

BTW it's supposed to be 85 here today ;-)

·
Registered
134 Posts
It's at least 85 and clear today!!! Lights are in and done. Pretty easy actually...I was dreading cutting the header, but follow the directions on riffraff diesel.com and you'll be fine

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Glad to hear it, I look forward to doing this, and the warmer weather

·
Registered
11 Posts
Did the conversion 2 weeks ago, like other posts say there is a good amount of header panel to trim. H13 is the bulb size. Make sure to get the 9007 to h13 pig tails eBay has them pretty cheap. Looks alot better with newer style headlights.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just did them last weekend, lots of cutting, but riffraff diesel made it very easy. HUGE improvement.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree huge improvement. I went with 8k hids I'm pretty satisfied. Now its on to other improvements. Does it ever end?:ford:???

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Nope never ends, just gets more expensive

1 - 15 of 15 Posts