that should be enough incentive to git er done

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Why waste your time. 6.4 that beetch.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Engine,Pcm, harness, injection modual, tranny, for starters..prob guages/dash pod mods as well. Would be the min to start with. With those part you could put it in anything...same for a 6.4

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Ooh. 6.4 fo sho! Lol!

·
Registered
219 Posts
5.9 Cummins swap would probably be easier.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Hold your tongue!

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
5.9 Cummins swap would probably be easier.
Boring and played. :D

DT466E !!!! LOL

Seriously though a 6.0L ? What a waste of time for the end result. Build the 7.3 or do a 6.4

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
I wouldnt want the headakes involved with doing that swap....... holy smokes that would be a nightmare. if it were me i would just build the 7.3 to hold the power... or like mentioned again if your looking to o north of 700 hp i would go with a 5.9 12v

·
super tuner
164 Posts
He's probably just trying to do something different, everyone and their mother who has done a swap,has used a 5.9. The dt466e would be cool because it would have the sound of an i6 but it would confuse people with it not being a cummins,the only problem when using a dt466e would be that there is almost no aftermarket for it(like the IH idi) Personally, i would use the 6 liter just because i like the way they sound, 6.4 is too quiet for me( i know ill get chit for deciding an engine swap based on sound, but i like to hear my DIESEL truck) and the 6.0's when bulletproofed are amazing engines...not to mention their arent a lot of 6.4's in scrapyards or on craigslist so you will have a better chance of finding a 6.0 donor. To each their own but theres my 2 cents, let us know what you decide. Hell if the funds were there and i were on my 3rd 7.3, id be eager to try the swap myself.

·
Smoothcriminal
249 Posts
Theirs a clean 80's ford on youtube with a 6.0 its pretty sweet, but i also agree build the 7.3, less headachs now and later down the road. Just my 2 cents.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts