Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You are lucky then because every one I've ever installed/seen has shifted the axle to the driver side noticeably without a relocation bracket or longer track bar. I only have the 1.5" Leveling kit on mine and it is noticeable if your looking for it. Humor me and look again down the body line and I bet you'll notice the front passenger tire is just inside (or further inside) the wheel well while the driver's is just outside (or further to the outside). Sometimes it's hard to tell with stock tires. All leveling kits will do this in my experience unless you relocate the track bar mount or intall a longer/adjustable track bar. Even in light of that, it's nothing alarming. 35,000+ miles leveled and no problems.
Just measured again. Inside of TDC of Tire to frame on Driver's Side is 10-3/4" and on Passenger Side it is 10-5/8". Mine has not shifted.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That is awesome! It must have been off from the factory to the passenger side already. You sir, got lucky. ;)
That's what I am thinking. I was not wanting to spend the money on the track bar.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I beleve the the drivers side axle tube is longer than the old leaf spring truck to accomidat the coil. That may be why there is a difference when looking at it. I noticed it when my truck was stock but it is much more noticable with the bigger tires.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
check your spring to frame clearence.
The lowest point I can measure on drivers side is 1-1/2" and passenger is a little over 1-1/4". The 1/8" to 1/4" difference is plenty acceptable to me.

·
Slacker
537 Posts
Mine's at 11.5" on each side. I have a bit of offset and I'm dressed up to go to a Christmas lunch with my dad, so can't measure the spring to frame clearance.

Yep my coil spring on the passenger side rubbed on the frame until I put a 2 inch drop trackbar bracket on. The axle is still shifted towards the drivers side but I think most of them are. The f 350 that I am running while mine is getting fixed has the axle shifted to the drivers side and it is 100 percent stock:confused:
Where did you get your 2 inch drop tracbar bracket? Did the pro-comp adj tracbar come with it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts