Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey quick question guys. It seems like in any of my tunes 40- 275 they all have a constant smoke haze comming out the exhaust. Is this normal? also when getting on the freeway at about half throttle at night it will smoke out any one behind me so bad they have to slow down. Is this normal or is this a sign somthing in the EGR system or one of the turbos is not working right.
Thanks
Nick

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Why would it do it at night and not the day time? I don't haze with the lower tunes, but any of the ones that have idle rail pressure at 5800 psi will haze. The 275 tune has the EGR completely disabled, so that isn't the issue.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Mine started smoking like that when my backpressure sensor went south, but I also had some codes also.

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why would it do it at night and not the day time? I don't haze with the lower tunes, but any of the ones that have idle rail pressure at 5800 psi will haze. The 275 tune has the EGR completely disabled, so that isn't the issue.
I guess at night with some ones head lights behind me you can see more of the haze. Do all the 275 tunes have the EGR disabeled cause I have an old 275 and need to get a newer 275 tune.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
The 275 v4 and up have the EGR comepletely disabled. The v1, v2, and v3 all cycle it at idle, but do not cycle it while the truck is in drive moving. Are you getting any codes like P2563 or P006B?

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 275 v4 and up have the EGR comepletely disabled. The v1, v2, and v3 all cycle it at idle, but do not cycle it while the truck is in drive moving. Are you getting any codes like P2563 or P006B?
So could that be my smoke problem.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
Well, last night I noticed that running my 210 tune with the EGR valve completely disabled my truck would haze while it was still cold. It had sat for probably 4 hours from about 7:00 P.M. until around 11:00 P.M. and when I drove it I could tell it was hazing in the car lights behind me. It quit after about 3 miles of driving.

Did you check for codes to see if those codes are showing up?

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, last night I noticed that running my 210 tune with the EGR valve completely disabled my truck would haze while it was still cold. It had sat for probably 4 hours from about 7:00 P.M. until around 11:00 P.M. and when I drove it I could tell it was hazing in the car lights behind me. It quit after about 3 miles of driving.

Did you check for codes to see if those codes are showing up?
It stopped all together??? I check for codes on my spartan and I checked at work and there are no codes at all. In two weeks were throwing new turbos at it do you think that it might be it?? Its smoking a lot more in 275 than it used to so thinking its one of the turbos.

·
Registered
65 Posts
How is your boost? With summer fuel and heat all the tunes smoke more. With the 275V3 I haze a lot, but with latest 275 no haze but she will roll smoke on demand.:D
-Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts