Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so im thinking about purchasing a really nice fully loaded 2008 f250 4 door. fx4. the onlly down side right now is the high mileage, 93,000. im going to be taking it to the ford dealer to get it checked out, but what are your thoughts on buying a high mileage 6.4? im going to have this truck for awhile so any input would be appreciated

·
Registered
429 Posts
Well i have about 73,000 on my truck, other that the rad being a week point, i have had every little problems with mine. How much are they asking for the truck??

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yeah thats not a bad deal, imo. Or just take it to any shop, Ford may charge you to look at it.

·
Registered
429 Posts
what are some of the little problems you speak of?
They only things i've done to mine is the rad, twice, and a leaky drain plug in my oil pan. And i put a front drive shaft on it too. Nothing really major.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
i wouldnt really be to worried about 95k as joestroo said. i would get an oasis on the truck and get it checked out but if it looks good and hasnt been a "lemon" or something it should be fine. ive had mine since new and now have 40k on it. the only problem so far is blown a few ic boots after the tuner and leakey radiator. my drain plug is starting to leak a little as well idk if thats common i need to get that fixed but other than that the truck has been great. i have pushed it pretty hard and never gives me grief. :ford:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Unfortunately you have been brainwashed into thinking that 93,000 miles is high. That's a real shame. 250k is when you should start thinking high miles. These trucks have a very long lifespan that should not be under estimated.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Unfortunately you have been brainwashed into thinking that 93,000 miles is high. That's a real shame. 250k is when you should start thinking high miles. These trucks have a very long lifespan that should not be under estimated.
depending on how the truck has been takin care of though. ive seen trucks with 100k that are total junk beat to #### then others with 250k still great trucks and runnin strong. you just gotta find as much about the trucks background as you can before you make an educated guess on if its a good deal or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts