Ford Power Stroke Nation banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I did it. I pulled the trigger and bought THE truck!
An '08 F350 Lariat CC LB.
All stock with 107k miles.
I love this truck.
I do have some questions tho as the owners manual (all paperwork for that matter) is lost.
A. I drove it back from North Carolina to Denver (1500 miles) and never got any message regarding regen or exhaust filter cleaning. I know this isn't normal, so why would it not regen at least once? Is this going to be a very bad thing?
B. I tried out the 4x4 system, an it engages 4HI just fine, but won't go into 4LO. Any tricks or tips? A fuse maybe?
C. I found the vacuum pump loose and the vacuum hose disconnected. Everything 'seemed' to work OK, so, what does the vacuum pump actually operate? I know the Auto Hubs, but what else?
Thanks for all the help fells, I look forward to contributing to this new forum.

Bill.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well guys, I did it. I pulled the trigger and bought THE truck!
An '08 F350 Lariat CC LB.
All stock with 107k miles.
I love this truck.
I do have some questions tho as the owners manual (all paperwork for that matter) is lost.
A. I drove it back from North Carolina to Denver (1500 miles) and never got any message regarding regen or exhaust filter cleaning. I know this isn't normal, so why would it not regen at least once? Is this going to be a very bad thing?
B. I tried out the 4x4 system, an it engages 4HI just fine, but won't go into 4LO. Any tricks or tips? A fuse maybe?
C. I found the vacuum pump loose and the vacuum hose disconnected. Everything 'seemed' to work OK, so, what does the vacuum pump actually operate? I know the Auto Hubs, but what else?
Thanks for all the help fells, I look forward to contributing to this new forum.

Bill.

A. May need to update the instrument cluster and engine to display when it goes into regen mode, also the message is only displayed for like 15 seconds

B. Place truck in neutral and place your foot on the brake, there is a speed sensor in the transfer case and if the computer doesn't see 0 mph it won't try to change from hi to low

C. The vacuum pump also works some of the modes in the A/C, most people will see it under acceleration or while using the 4X4 system the truck goes from vent to defrost

·
StackinChipsLikePringles
3,085 Posts
The older flashes, when it was cleaning exhaust, it would stay on the screen, the newer flashes which im sure your truck has, the message comes and goes pretty quick but keeps regening.. I usually can tell by the decrease in fuel mileage and excess injector rattle

·
Registered
16 Posts
Follow steps for window sticker:
Copy and paste to task-bar and type your vin after the equal sign no spaces, click search

services.forddirect.fordvehicles.com/inventory/WindowSticker.pdf?vin=

·
Administrator
33,266 Posts
B. I tried out the 4x4 system, an it engages 4HI just fine, but won't go into 4LO. Any tricks or tips? A fuse maybe? Truck hast to be stopped and in park for 4 low see page 282 in the linked manual I provided
C. I found the vacuum pump loose and the vacuum hose disconnected. Everything 'seemed' to work OK, so, what does the vacuum pump actually operate? I know the Auto Hubs, but what else? the vent controller and the heater bypass valve
I have no idea how being under acceleration would effect a vacuum pump

it's also good to verify that your hubs are actually locking with the vacuum pulse signals

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for all the replys guys, and a quick update.
I finally got a regen at 2035 miles. I saw the mesage center warning telling me to drive to clean the filter. Then got the filter clean message. Also got the associated aural tones. So I guess it is working. Thats good, I guess. haha
Thanks for the link to the owners manual. That is awesome! It will answer some of my questions until I get a new one from eBay.
Also, thanks for the tip to get 4lo. I will try it and play a little this weekend.

I gotta say, so far I am so very psyched. I love this truck.
Now I can't wait to do the DPF delete and tuner mods.
If I can get it to run like my old 7.3 with Jody's 80e tune, I'll be one very happy camper.

Thanks again guys for all the help and insight.
Bill.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.