Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a long painful, trip from hell to Sheid's so Chris could get some pictures taken for some small diesel mag, looks like it was all worth it in the end cause this was the end result! Congrats buddy!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Very cool! How the heck does everybody get their mags before me? Geez! :hehe:

Sucks that I still had the old mirrors. Wait 1 more week and I coulda had the 07 mirrors on! Dang. Oh well. Still awesome!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I promise, next time you get into a magazine, you can steal whatever parts off my rig you would like and we will spend even more time to make it pretty, ok?

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I'll have jeweled lights on tomorrow. ;)

Thanks to Mike McGlothlin for shooting my truck! It looks totally awesome! Also thanks to Jake at Irate for helping me afford it and providing me with the right combination of parts.

·
Registered
920 Posts
Congrats! It looks great!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
i just read the article. nice. got home and stumbled on this thread. congrats.

·
Oooo, White Lightning !
2,921 Posts
Right on, love seeing the old 7.3s get some magazine time with more than a gauge install.

Chris have you had it on dyno ?

·
R.I.P PSN
1,146 Posts
thats awesome!! congrats!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
I tried to dyno it once. Most I got was like 280hp. :hehe: It just doesn't like to dyno. Track time calculators are better real world calculators anyway. Et calculator says 7340# at a 12.689 1/4 mile time (105.6mph) is 589hp at the wheels and 639hp at the crank. The last time it was raced my wife drove. She had a little screw up after the launch so only got a 12.81. However her trap speed was 106.06mph weighing 7410#. (Amy is lighter but all the seats and other stuff were back in. That's 600hp at the wheels and 651hp at the crank. All these were calculated using the Army calculator and a local grain elevator scale. I'm not sure where Mike got 700 at the crank. Makes me look good though! ;)

Does a 12.69 make me the fastest stock block crew cab 7.3? Not trying to toot my own horn or anything. It was brought up and I didn't know. From what I can find I think I am.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Oh ok. I figured his was built. That's pretty darn good!

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Ok. Well what about stock bottom crew cab all fuel?

If not then I'll take the title of fastest 99.5 white 4x4 white crew cab stock bottom end all fuel from Kansas owned by a guy named Chris! Hahaha!

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
those are some good looking decals on the bottom there chris! wonder where you got those from? nice work........... ill be picking up my first issue of diesel power EVER just to say i have this copy

·
Back to Civilian Life!!
2,469 Posts
That is AWESOME Chris.

·
Lots to learn
374 Posts
Congrats!

·
Im stroke-less
291 Posts
Finally some 7.3 love in diesel power. Congratulations man.:bowfast: