Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I saw it in person today, I think he ran a 10.7 maybe on that run. He was lined up to Tadd's 6.4 on the run that I saw and almost caught the fireball coming out of the front end on my digital camera on the Elite truck. I do have pics of the carnage but will save them for a different thread.

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
I saw it in person today, I think he ran a 10.7 maybe on that run. He was lined up to Tadd's 6.4 on the run that I saw and almost caught the fireball coming out of the front end on my digital camera on the Elite truck. I do have pics of the carnage but will save them for a different thread.
thats what i heard too, for some reason both stage's of nitrous activated at WOT on the Elite truck ... rudy said its a good video though, both of them grenading their $hit side by side.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
Congrats on the MPH def sounds like its got some more power, sucks that motor is hurt, wonder wtf it is now?

side note was it tadds 6.0 or 6.4 that blew up?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tadd's 6.4. The progressive controller screwed up just likje they always do, Rudy said they got awesome video. He will post it in the morning. There pretty sure it's melted pistons. Same as last time. He's haveing the same issue I'm haveing. To much heat and melting tons. Either way he's paveing the road for the 6.4. Awesome work guys

·
Laces Out
12,314 Posts
Tadd's 6.4. The progressive controller screwed up just likje they always do, Rudy said they got awesome video. He will post it in the morning. There pretty sure it's melted pistons. Same as last time. He's haveing the same issue I'm haveing. To much heat and melting tons. Either way he's paveing the road for the 6.4. Awesome work guys
forged pistons would fix it.

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
im sure if we got a few (10) of us together we could get some from mahle for an affordable price. i think they are about $2k
well im just seein that these guys are melting down with nitrous, im trying to make decent numbers for pulling on fuel, so im going to be in the same boat or worse...

Lots of CR cummins melt pistons just wondering if its kinda the same thing going on or just flat out too hot?

Shawn what egts does your truck make on a full pass with nitrous?

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have no idea what egt's are, melted the probe off two years ago and never replaced it lol. No need for a gauge cause I'm not goin to look at it anyways. And I'm definitely not going to back off in a race lmao

1 - 20 of 70 Posts