Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm recently in the market for a tuner for my truck. Meow I'm pretty sure I'm going with a SCT X3, from either Innovative, or Elite. But what I want to know before I do this, is more about the Spartan tunes. Are they pre-setup tunes, as opposed to the custom tunes from the sponsors I mentioned earlier?
Any and all input is appreciated, but I'm looking more to the guys who USE these tunes in their truck. Thanks.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
They are custom tunes just like what you get for the X3....well that is if its anything like the setup for the 6.4L trucks. I know that it uses the same Phalanx tuner that we use, so it should use the same type tuning where you send in your vehicle info to Spartan and they make your tunes, and then you upload them to your SD card....that is just what I am guessing. You can always go to the Spartan Diesel Technologies forum and check out the 6.0 section

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The forum is empty... So do you mean to say that the tunes are made per application, and loaded onto, say an X3?

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CHIT! I accidently posted this in the 6.4 forum, sorry guys, it should be in the 6.0... My mistake, sorry for any confusion. On that note, can I get Spartan tunes for my truck?

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Spartan doesn't write tunes for use with the sct. They use to and there is a stored archive of their old tunes..but you would be better off with the two you mentioned...elite or innovative.

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Adam, can I get those through you? Or do I got to those respective suppliers?

·
Registered
3,600 Posts
I used some of the archived spartan tunes and they are not that good, go with Innovative, Gearhead, or Elite. And to answer your question, Adam does sell Innovative tuned SCT's:D

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the help guys.

·
Damnkids Motorsports
2,260 Posts
Yes I too had bad luck with the archived spartan tunes.

Isn't there a phalanx in beta testing right now for the 6.0's though? The handheld that they will be realeasing can tune the FICM through the OBDII port with the programmer too...

·
Registered
772 Posts
most of the spartan tunes have been corrupted. I wouldnt touch it, for the price of having a tune thats not corrupted, its worth it for the piece of mind. FCDP sells innovative tuned SCT's. there are a few people out running the dashdaq for the 6.0, I dont think it will be released for a while

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
I wouldn't buy your tunes from a third party (any third party), I'd go thru Innovative direct. It's easier to comunicate to Eric what you need say if there's a problem than telling a third party and waiting for the third party to get an answer for you, hoping that it's the right answer. That is unless you live close to said 3rd party so they can see for themselves what's wrong :shrug:

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
I'm recently in the market for a tuner for my truck. Meow I'm pretty sure I'm going with a SCT X3, from either Innovative, or Elite. But what I want to know before I do this, is more about the Spartan tunes. Are they pre-setup tunes, as opposed to the custom tunes from the sponsors I mentioned earlier?
Any and all input is appreciated, but I'm looking more to the guys who USE these tunes in their truck. Thanks.
LOL, I'm sorry but are you saying... Meow?

I believe the Spartan tunes have been taken down and are rehosted somewhere else. Some people still have the link to them I think.

However I would also recommend going with Innovative custom tunes. I have the Xtreme Race file and have loved it, either with driving easy (staying under 2k rpm) or hammering on it. Might take a day or two to get the info from Eric, but seems if you call and leave a message they will get back to you the next morning, email also seems to work pretty good. I had the actual tune in my email that night after finalizing details with them.

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
To the OP, usually i dont agree with anything that Harley Edition has to say, but in this case he's right in a sense, i wouldnt buy my SCT from a third party either BUT Adam is good people and he will do whatever it takes to fix an issue you might have, so i would say go ahead and have Adam get the SCT for you, if you have any issues, let him know and he will help you. FCDP's customer service is TOP NOTCH, im sure a lot of the other guys on this forum will agree with me on that.

·
Everybody poops <~ see?
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
...do you see me eating mice?! Am I drinking milk from a saucer?! Stop laughing RIGHT MEOW!!

I agree about FCDP excellent service, I haven't even bought anything from him, and he has already been most helpful. I, for the most part, had already decided to go through FCDP, not just for an SCT either.

·
6Leaker
6,719 Posts
...do you see me eating mice?! Am I drinking milk from a saucer?! Stop laughing RIGHT MEOW!!
Yes sir!

Dang all threads should be this way LOL Love that movie

I agree about FCDP excellent service, I haven't even bought anything from him, and he has already been most helpful. I, for the most part, had already decided to go through FCDP, not just for an SCT either.
x2 Adam is nothing but helpful, plus he can quote Super Troopers lines, so that is like +10 points LOL

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
To the OP, usually i dont agree with anything that Harley Edition has to say, but in this case he's right in a sense, i wouldnt buy my SCT from a third party either BUT Adam is good people and he will do whatever it takes to fix an issue you might have, so i would say go ahead and have Adam get the SCT for you, if you have any issues, let him know and he will help you. FCDP's customer service is TOP NOTCH, im sure a lot of the other guys on this forum will agree with me on that.
Adam is a third party. I said "I wouldn't buy your tunes from a third party (any third party), I'd go thru Innovative direct." And you said "but in this case he's right in a sense, i wouldnt buy my SCT from a third party either".
Now if I'm right and you agree then there's no buts about it. I don't care if you buy a sct from a third party you should talk to Eric about your tunes yourself. Better yet- just buy the sct from Eric preloaded with the tunes you talk to him about ;) Only you can communicate exactly what you want in a tune or exact problems you may be having.

It would be the same way if Adam was doing tuning- you wouldn't want to buy them from a third party neither, you'd want to talk to Adam.

Here's the free spartan tunes if you want them- USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts