Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Big Sun fanatic
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, it so happens that I've run into a bit of play money and it's time to upgrade my beautiful slug. I have a stock e99 and the first mod I plan to do is get myself and Adrenaline HPOP.

Now I'm wondering if a PCM upgrade is needed? Alot of what I read seems to indicate it is, however I have a 6spd standard and some people seem to think I don't need a new PCM because of this. I actually don't know what is in the truck now, but I'm assuming it's the stock PCM.

Next step is gonna be a chip, followed by injectors and turbo. Does this sound like the right way to go? As the truck is now, it's a beast and I find myself hitting WOT 2nd thru 3rd (shifting at about 2600rpms) on a regular basis to keep up with traffic. I've done the upside down oil cap test and it indicates very little blowby, the motor has 161,000 km on it. Will I frag the turbo with the new injectors, or should I go the d66 route (At this time I'm not interested in upgrading to the late 99 style turbo) before injectors? As to the injectors, I'm hoping to go with some Swamps Mini-me's or something similar. Not looking for massive power, just a reliable motor with some mods.

Thanks all, for the opinions.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Ask for Clay he will hook you up with the best service
Riffraff Diesel

·
FORD..THE ROCK CRUSHER
2,342 Posts
what mods do you have now?? you should have an open air intake with a bigger exhaust starting off with a
4" down pipe..then gauges are a must..after them get the Adrenaline HPOP. then turbo..then injectors.. the swamps mini's are a good choice and the D-66 is a great turbo for them injectors..get tuning from swamps if thats where you get the injectors..they know how the injectors flow and they can dial them in better..
i put in a PMT1 PCM in my early 99..much better shifts but i have an auto trans but the new PCM did make my truck run a lot better...with your truck being a hand shaker you can use any PCM..with a auto trans you can only use a PCM for the auto trans..

·
Swamped
309 Posts
I went with a setup similar to this for a while with my E99 before I converted to a late.

Stage II Package

Turbo didn't grenade in 20,000km of hard towing and had no play in it when I sold it off after my upgrade.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts
Read my sig, Jody has the xle4 on my early 99 figured out and it's running really good.

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
the biggest gain i got was shifting and the cruise light working.
being that you have a manual your shifting won't improve, idle an eek, we are talking very little improvement but some. i gained 1.3 mpg but i am thinking better shifts did that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts