Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
shake, rattle, n roll!
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got a 96 ps with 0605 and 1668 codes and it runs ruff if u mash th pedal = more than a quarter of they way down other wise it runs fine idles good and while its cold it runs fine it just happens when it warms up idk

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
0605 is Internal Control Module ROM Error and 1668 is PCM - IDM Diagnostic Communication Error. I guess it could be a PCM problem, especially with 0605 (can you clear the codes and rerun the diagnostics?), but ... Do you have problems restarting it when warm? You could have Injection Pressure Regulator (IPR) valve o-rings on their way out or even bad injector o-rings (does it use any oil?). The warm oil will more readily bypass the o-rings than cold, thicker oil. Cheers!

·
shake, rattle, n roll!
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea i cleared th codes twice and they came back it doesnt use much oil bout 2 quarts every 5000 miles and no it starts fine wen its warm

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
The pinpoint test in the service manual is fairly easy for the 0605 code:

AG1 DIAGNOSTIC TROUBLE CODE (DTC) 0605: PCM ROM FAILURE

DTC 0605 exists only when there has been an internal failure of the powertrain control module (PCM).

Rerun Scan Tool Diagnostic Test.

Is DTC 0605 retrieved?

Yes
REPLACE PCM.

No
System OK. RERUN Scan Tool Diagnostic Test to see if there are any other stored DTCs.
Cheers!

·
shake, rattle, n roll!
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help bud i will get me one and put it in n c what happens where is th best place to buy one at?

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I got one at RockAuto for $115 plus $75 refundable core. Cheers!

·
shake, rattle, n roll!
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i found out that my ts chip that i had on my truck was cuasing that code to come up but th truck missing.... its th injectors time for a new set

1 - 10 of 10 Posts