Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would make the wireless internet connection cut in and out on a laptop? I know it's something in the computer and not the signal because all the other computers work just fine. But for whatever reason the connection on my Toshiba laptop cuts in and out all the time. It'll work fine for a few minutes then nothing again.

I'm probably gonna get a new one fairly soon since this one's pretty old anyway, but wanted to see if there's something simple I could try in the meantime.

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
Funny you posted that. I am also on a Toshiba laptop that is doing the exact same thing. I am thinking it is the wireless where I am at most likely but maybe not. The one thing that helped my wireless work better before on this laptop was switching to the Intel software to run the wireless card instead of the Toshiba stuff.

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know we have some nerds on here, wtf? :D

·
AllYourBaseAreBelongToUs
13,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like it. That sux. I got it (way back when) because of all the great reviews.

Alright, different question then.

What laptop would everyone recommend for $1k or under?

I pretty well just use it for the interweb, networking to my work computers, and occasional PhotoChopping. :D

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
I sent you some info on new ones.

As to your current one. Go into the properties for the wireless card and set it to "Never turn this device off to save power" or it might say "Allow windows to power this device off", if so uncheck that box.

Whats happening is windows is powering the card down long enough to kill the wifi.

·
Registered
5,904 Posts
Do you have a home cordless phone? If you do that could be the problem. My mind is a little fuzzy on the frequencies right now it could be 1.4meg or 1.8meg. But if they are on the same one the wireless will cut out when the phone rings. It will even happen if your neighbor has one of the older phones and you are running wireless.

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
Whatever you do, DON'T buy a HP.

Junk. I hate this thing.
Our HP laptop works great, haven't had an issue. :D

Maybe it just doesn't like you! ;)

Dave

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Remember, like the iphone, ipad = no flash or java support which means no site chat and other issues with sites that use flash or java.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
the windows software doesn't include flash or Java?
The ipad he's talking about is apples new tablet deal, kind of like a bloated itouch if thats what your talking about and no it doesnt have flash or java and you cant add it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts