Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my old laptop died.
i have decided to go new instead of used, but am kind of lost.
i do not do movies. a few videos, but not much. mostly internet forums.
i want large screen, after having 17 inch the past two laptops, the current 15 inch borrowed i am using just don't cut it.
i also want speed. waiting for pages to load gets old fast.
the past 3 have been acer/gateway. this borrowed one is a HP.
i found these two on amazon:
Amazon Amazon

Amazon Amazon

all thoughts and recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5,575 Posts
Some might laugh at me but I bought my last laptop from QVC, you know the home shopping show on TV.

It came with more software than I will ever use and it has been working since 2014 and hasn't shown any sign of slowing down. The one that I bought was a Dell but right now they are highlighting HP.

I have also found that with electronics there really isn't a bad one out there as long as you stay with a name brand but they all have their + & - depending on what you use them for.

As for speed either of the ones that you link to will go fast enough, but your internet connection is really what is limiting speed along with what you are connected to on the other end.

·
Administrator
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i use verizon fios.
current sending at 1.1 megabytes and receiving at 3.77 megabytes

·
Registered
310 Posts
Tjc,

Your wait on the internet bit may be more in the speed of your connection than the computer. Have you looked at newegg.com for a machine? I have liked the Lenovo's I have used (and currently use thought it is too bat that IBM sold out to China). Having lots of memory and an SSD for a harddrive are probably the biggest recommendations I can make for having a fast machine. There is a night and day difference even on an older machine between a spinning drive and a sold state one.

Cj

·
Administrator
8,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
new egg is twice the price of other places. even more than bestbuy.
i have a new lenovo coming in, with a 1T hhd plus a 500gig SDD external drive.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It can still be the psu, I had to replace mine and what it did was make all the fans spin once and shutoff and not turn back on unless I I unplugged and plugged back in. Lights would turn on as well for a split second and turn off. Since it wasn't in a surge protector it still could of fried something that is preventing from working correctly.
Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1

1 - 6 of 6 Posts