Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the nicer weather coming i would like to buff out my truck to eliminate small scratches and blemishes in the paint. I have never done this before and i was wondering if you guys new of any good products i can buy locally. Also if you knew of any methods or things to be careful of while doing this would be greatly appreciated. Also can i buff over the pin strip stickers that go down the side of the truck? Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Cant go wrong with Mother's products. If you are going to buff it to remove scratches i would clay bar the truck before i put a buffer on it.

Wash
Clay bar
Light compund
Cleaner wax
Polish wax
You can go over pinstripes just dont bear down on it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the response ended up using a Meguiars fine cut cleaner and was pretty happy with the outcome

·
Registered
148 Posts
What did you use to buff it with? Some pics. Would be great too.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I used an old craftsman orbital buffer I borrowed from a buddy worked pretty good. Unfortunately I don't know how to post pics or else I would.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I buy a lot of stuff from griots garage. They have everything you can think of. Stuff is a bit spendy but it is all amazing.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya I have been on there. They have it all, But like ya said its pricey.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have been giving some serious consideration to investing in a dual action buffer. I hear a lot about the bad things that can happen with these things. That being said I've seen the positive results a buffer can make.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been told to be really carefully with the uglier grinder like machines. The machine I used you would have to be trying to burn through also a little water goes a long way.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've watched hours of detailing videos, much like the hours I've spent learning about this darn 6.0. I think I'm more comfortable with the buffing than the wrenching.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts