Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone? How is everybody doing? good? good! hahaha
Well I am new to the forum and I have a pretty big idea brewin.

I am a huge fan of the OBS CCLB, dually or not, I love'em, anywho's I have a big project brewin up on paper, and i'm curious to know about what people's input is on this subject.

As everyone knows, the 7.3 is a fairly massive engine, and in my opinion, they are not starved for air, but I believe they deserve more.

My plan for this pickup is to completely re-work every detail of the engine, it will a every other day daily driver( I have a 91 dodge colt that is pretty fun to rip around haha) and an absolute tow PIG!

I'm going to attempt the common rail conversion using 6.4L components, but I want to build a compound set up, not a chincy little set up, I'm talking about something that is 'built' to last and won't have any faults, I have the availability of materials, tig welder, and a mandrel bender.

My question is what sizes are going to work?

A buddy of mine said make the low end smaller than 70mm and the top end larger than 70mm, which isn't a whole lot of help in my case.

Any feedback, info, or ideas are well appreciated!
Thanks,
Jake

·
Bird is the Word
1,142 Posts
7.3 + 6.4 common rail conversion= a lot a lot a lot a lot of $ to attempt.

Why go that route?
What's your hp goals?
A solid built 7.3 will cost you over 20K from a shop

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that it'll be a heap of cash to do that, but my goals are to have a horse power number around 600, but I would like it to be very fuel efficient, and something different, money is not an issue, and yes I understand that a built 7.3 is a more practical idea, but if you knew me personally you would understand that I don't have a very practical personality haha

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That mild build thread really helped, I'm starting to lean towards the S475 and S366 setup, I like the facts that were stated in that thread. Another question I have would be where would I install the waste gates? would I install two? and last, I'm not entirely sure how they work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts