Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well while I was talking to my mechanic at the dealership he was showing me a 6.4 that had the crank case over full. Apparently the guy didn't change his oil for 32,000 miles so the fuel that is passed by the rings durning regen over filled the crank case and in turned caused oil to poor out of the CCV into the turbos and the variable vane turbo had a complete melt down. He said when he took the lower I/C boot off there was about 3 quarts of oil that came out. When he showed me and I felt it there was at least an inch of play I could move the shaft around in circles witch eventually burnt up piston # 8. It was something to see. So the moral of my story is if you have a DPF still on change you oil frequently.
Nick :doh:

·
What else?
4,156 Posts
You should change your oil frequently regardless.

Some people never learn. :doh:

Dave

·
Registered
438 Posts
Well while I was talking to my mechanic at the dealership he was showing me a 6.4 that had the crank case over full. Apparently the guy didn't change his oil for 32,000 miles so the fuel that is passed by the rings durning regen over filled the crank case and in turned caused oil to poor out of the CCV into the turbos and the variable vane turbo had a complete melt down. He said when he took the lower I/C boot off there was about 3 quarts of oil that came out. When he showed me and I felt it there was at least an inch of play I could move the shaft around in circles witch eventually burnt up piston # 8. It was something to see. So the moral of my story is if you have a DPF still on change you oil frequently.
A friend of mines dad owns a 03 6.0L and the truck has 130k+ miles on it and has probably had maybe 3-4 oil changes in its life time and the fuel filters only when the truck will no longer run. I could understand if it was a farm truck or something but they pull a 44" Enclosed Race car trailer all over the country, and the truck has never had one single issue! Sometimes make ya wonder!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Yeah My Grandpa has an 04 6.0 89,000 only one oil change that came free when he bought the truck still the original fuel and air filters and no problems except front end parts. Talk about luck.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Yeah My Grandpa has an 04 6.0 89,000 only one oil change that came free when he bought the truck still the original fuel and air filters and no problems except front end parts. Talk about luck.
Why don't you go change that #### for him... That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard of...

He's gonna be sad when he starts losing injectors...

·
oil burner
1,136 Posts
you get what you deserve when it comes to not changing oil.it may take awhile but when something does happen you will realize maintanance does pay in the end.if you cant change your &*^%$ oil get an electric car.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Why don't you go change that #### for him... That's the most retarded thing I've ever heard of...

He's gonna be sad when he starts losing injectors...
Don't think i haven't tried. He used to haul freight and in 96 he bought a brand new obs, ran it up to about 215,000 only 3 changes on oil and 0 fuel and air All he ever used to say and still does is we'll get to it some time. He had a bad spot in the fly wheel put about ten new starters in it and finally traded it in. because of him i can put starters in an obs with my eys closed.:doh:

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
i blew out my lower boot off the ic on the driver side and it has some oil all around the boot. could that be like a beggining sign of all this? i dont have a dpf and i change my oil 4 to 6k mi.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts

Yup that will happen.
I had a truck come in the other day blowing white smoke from the exhaust, turbos were blown, so we popped the cab off to replace them, when i disconnected the oil feed lines they were completly sludged up!! no oil was getting to the turbos and they got toasted, I pulled the oil filter and it was litereally a block of sludge. When he came to pick up the truck we asked him how often he changes his oil, he said when he remembers:doh:
why people will spend over 40K on a truck and not take care of it is beyond me.

·
Stroken it 7.3,6.0,6.4
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i blew out my lower boot off the ic on the driver side and it has some oil all around the boot. could that be like a beggining sign of all this? i dont have a dpf and i change my oil 4 to 6k mi.
No thats CCV venting into your I/C system. All the new truch's have them if you have not done the CCV mod yet

·
Banned
7,764 Posts
So none of you think that the fact that a truck filling the crank with diesel fuel is the problem? Just the oil change interval?

LOL

If someone doesn't change the oil, then oil quality should degrade, and contamination and other oil related issues should arise. And, the oil level should be dropping as the engine consumes oil that gets past the rings.

If this truck was FILLING THE CRANK CASE WITH FUEL, then oil change intervals were the least of his fuking problems, lol.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts