Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys, trying to pick a vavle spring...

i did a search and read through a few threads and now i'm fairly confused

i was under the impression that the 910's were the way to go. but its seems around 500 is their limit?

the setup is going to be as follows:
250 cc hybrids
fuel system
either a modded h2e or the the new GQSSB
arp studs
pushrods
tunes(obviously)

will that setup on a hot tune be to much for the 910s?
what are my other options, with out having to pull the heads for machine work?

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
<< wasted fuel >>
1,566 Posts
the 910's will be good upgrade for that power level and over, if iirc, there was a few 600hp+ trucks running the 910's without issue's.

i

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
While the 910s are not much stiffer than stock, i think they are a decent upgrade, especially if the current oe units in the truck are a little weak. We have ran the exact same setup you are referring to in many trucks and not had a valve float issue yet. The h2 setup actually helps a bit as they typically have a lower drive ratio than a 38r setup.

on edit..i think its a decent worthwile upgrade for the setup you mentioned esp if youll have custom tuning to take your mods into consideration. the springs are 85 bucks from summitt and i think its worth the money. However on a race setup or high hp build i dont beleive they have any place.

·
OBNOXIOUS MOTORSPORTS
465 Posts
While the 910s are not much stiffer than stock, i think they are a decent upgrade, especially if the current oe units in the truck are a little weak. We have ran the exact same setup you are referring to in many trucks and not had a valve float issue yet. The h2 setup actually helps a bit as they typically have a lower drive ratio than a 38r setup.

on edit..i think its a decent worthwile upgrade for the setup you mentioned esp if youll have custom tuning to take your mods into consideration. the springs are 85 bucks from summitt and i think its worth the money. However on a race setup or high hp build i dont beleive they have any place.
i agree either go with hypermax springs for a good top class set. seat pressure is much higher than 910s but for what your doing a set for of 910 16s is good.:ford: i say have a talk with nate the master machinist or aggie they will set you straight :poke:get a modded H2 i turned mine into something obnoxious

·
Busy Busy
9,004 Posts
hi guys, trying to pick a vavle spring...

i did a search and read through a few threads and now i'm fairly confused

i was under the impression that the 910's were the way to go. but its seems around 500 is their limit?

the setup is going to be as follows:
250 cc hybrids
fuel system
either a modded h2e or the the new GQSSB
arp studs
pushrods
tunes(obviously)

will that setup on a hot tune be to much for the 910s?
what are my other options, with out having to pull the heads for machine work?
Looks like I didn't get that message :doh:

You'll be fine ;)

·
The Oracle
2,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cool, they are already sitting in a box in my living room anyway

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
Anything diff needed to install hypermax springs vs 910s

1 - 12 of 12 Posts