Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 06 KR white/gold, and want to color match my mirror markers and cab markers. Should I get clear lenses and then do it, and what clear/white mixture do I use?

Thanks, JT

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
What do you mean color match? If you mean white lights get clear covers and put white lights.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I've never seen this. I'm intrigued. Does the light still come through?

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
i asked my buddy who owns a body shop. he said yes you would start with a clear cover but trying to mix white and clear wouldn't look that good and end up just looking cloudy. there isn't color in white to produce over the lens to make it look that color. it will just look faded and cloudy.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i asked my buddy who owns a body shop. he said yes you would start with a clear cover but trying to mix white and clear wouldn't look that good and end up just looking cloudy. there isn't color in white to produce over the lens to make it look that color. it will just look faded and cloudy.
I've seen it done on an mpd and hassler diesel truck, they did it to their tailights and the light still came through.

From what your saying, I would have spray white and then clear them.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Yes. You would probably have to do it white then clear. Probably need to switch to led bulbs as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts