Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I pulled the gun yesterday and disassembled my headlights. Took me 5 hrs yesterday to just do one of them. Did the other one today and it took me 3 hrs. The hardest part was getting all the glue out of the headlight after you get it apart. That took the longest time.

Here are some pics of the progress.

Lens separated from the backing:

Chrome bezel taken out of the lens:

Painted bezel:

Bezel back in lens:

Installed back in the truck:

The truck is filthy, I'm going to wash it tomorrow and get some better pics, but here's the whole front end:

·
Registered
748 Posts
nice job, looks great

·
Sofa King Cool
2,827 Posts
Looks good man!

·
WWDD
10,531 Posts
nice job brother i did the same thing to mine, very custom look that you can not get from just buying harley ones, i need to do my buddies 450 white but im a little leary to how it will look.

Rob if you did yours paintmatched red that would be sick as hell on your truck, i can help you get them apart if you want.

·
Registered
499 Posts
nice job brother i did the same thing to mine, very custom look that you can not get from just buying harley ones, i need to do my buddies 450 white but im a little leary to how it will look.

Rob if you did yours paintmatched red that would be sick as hell on your truck, i can help you get them apart if you want.

Yeah, I think im gonna go buy some paint tomorrow. There are a couple other things I want to color-match too....

·
Custom Trailer Sales
6,161 Posts
That looks excellent! Deffinatly looks better, and unique.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
What did you use to glue them back together? This the same process to paint 05-07 headlights as well?

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
What did you use to glue them back together? This the same process to paint 05-07 headlights as well?
Yeah I have always wanted to pull the 05's apart... that dang glue is tough. I have had mine in the oven a couple times but that glue just become elastic...

·
it's an 02 05 08
930 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
you have a spray can with your paint code or did you use a spray gun?
I used the Dupli-Color paint in a spray can. Color was Dark Blue(T164) and matched the truck exactly.

I used some windshield adhesive. Don't know about the process of the 05-07 lights.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts