Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys seen several threads and questions asked about getting color matched and chrome acccesories and Me and my boss are looking into this chroming material that will set up on any surface. Door handles mirrors bumpers rims interior exterior you name it. Can do any kind of design wanted. It cost alot and i mean alot of money to get started it takes special spray guns and material for it to work. so im kinda poking around to see what kind of market there is. Feel free to ask any questions.

Sam

·
SilverBullet06
36 Posts
I would love all my door handles and tailgate handle color matched. I had an 03' silverado and you could order color matched door and tailgate handles off of ebay! Why not super duty handles? Also I have noticed that some super dutys have their side mirrors painted as well. Not the whole thing but just the part that covers the back of the mirror. Can you find those aftermarket or do they have to be painted as well?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would love all my door handles and tailgate handle color matched. I had an 03' silverado and you could order color matched door and tailgate handles off of ebay! Why not super duty handles? Also I have noticed that some super dutys have their side mirrors painted as well. Not the whole thing but just the part that covers the back of the mirror. Can you find those aftermarket or do they have to be painted as well?
Not exactly sure man I had chrome mirror covers but couldn't ever find color matched. And this will be cheaper Rather than buying the covers we'll be able to paint actual handles and other components.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Back in the day you could order them from Ford but not anymore. I had all mine done about a year ago, pulled them off myself and saved labor.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have been dying to do mine too. The KR trucks have the look i want with the color matched handles and mirrors. Its not supposed to be that difficult just kind of labor intensive to sand them all smooth, prime then paint. But if you could just get covers like those ugly a$$ crome ones everyone sticks on it would be better cheaper and easier for the consumer. So i would think you would have a pretty good market. Go for it and send me a price.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been dying to do mine too. The KR trucks have the look i want with the color matched handles and mirrors. Its not supposed to be that difficult just kind of labor intensive to sand them all smooth, prime then paint. But if you could just get covers like those ugly a$$ crome ones everyone sticks on it would be better cheaper and easier for the consumer. So i would think you would have a pretty good market. Go for it and send me a price.
Sounds good were gonna use my truck as well as my buddies to do testing for pricing and all if decide to do it. The best thing is its not to labor intensive so that will help with the price.
Gonna do our rain guards aswell.

·
Registered
536 Posts
There just going to stick on with some 3M tape right. Im pretty sure thats how that chrome crap is done.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, What ever you have rather it be door handles mirrors what ever. You will send them and we will coat the actual object no caps or nothing. It would be like sending stuff to a chrome dipping shop.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
3,067 Posts
Any pics of said parts that have been treated this way? I realize you don't have the equipment yet, but do you have any pics of stuff that has been through the process?

·
Registered
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do but not aloud to list since were not sponsors. Think were going to go through with it so once we do and settle up with the mods on here well get pics posted if they allow.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts