Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have trouble with their diesel jelling in this cold front? I'm in the eastern part of central Indiana and its been about -10 or -11 the last two mornings. I was going to work with no additive yesterday and I was about 1000 yards from the shop and she died. So, I changed the factory filters and added SeaFoam (Terrible choice but it's all I could find) and she was running by 2. This morning I was going to work and she froze up even quicker. I didn't have anywhere to put it this morning so it sat in a parking lot. After finding some Diesel 911, I added it to the factory filters and my AirDog filter and she sat for a little bit. Started up a couple hours later and ran for about 5 minutes until I was about a mile and a half from the house. Pulled her home, got her started and it ran for about an hour until I shut it off. Did anyone else have any trouble like this? It's been a real pain in my ass. :doh:

·
Registered
240 Posts
I personally haven't had an issue yet. My friends brand new cummins jelled up on him last night. he ended having it towed back cause he couldn't get it started.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Diesel911 is a life saver

·
Bobs 7.3
2,852 Posts
All ill say is 75% diesel and 25% kerosene here and never had a gellin problem in 6 years or the past 3 days either sitting for 24 hrs or driving down the road where it was -13 degrees outside with -25 to -35 windchills. Let it sit 12 hrs at home unplugged yesterday (wasnt here to plug it in) and fired right up. If your is sitting gelled up now just add 5 gallons of kero to the tank, pull the filter/filters and fill with 50 kero/50 diesel, let it sit 1 to 2 hrs, fire it up and enjoy. Nothing comes close to mixing 75/25 when it comes to preventing gelling up.

·
Super Moderator
3,401 Posts
Noted!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
This was the first winter with mines and I used winter blend Diesel Kleen (Walmart) never plugged up and mines started and ran every time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts