Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im having problems with my 02 when i start it when the engine is cold the engine kind of lunges (revs up to where it should idle then almost dies then revs up ect. untill i push the gas pedle), when its colder like 20 deg or less i have to hold the gas pedle for like 5 sec or it will rev up and die. but when the engine is warm it doesnt have any problems just wondering if anybody had any ideas for me be for i bring it to the dealer.

·
Military/Firefighter
61 Posts
Injector or hpop issue maybe? Best to let it sit at the dealer till the engine is cold so they can put the computer on it before they crank it up. Overnight is ideal... or u can just move south to warmer weather!

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
What kind of oil are you using. How many miles since the last change.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cenex gold with conclin (tko) additive i usually change oil every 5000 miles unless ive been doing alot of pulling theres prob 4000 on it right now but ive never had an issue with it before so im kinda thinking maybe its and hpop problem but i just though id ask if anyone has had a similar problem.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
started the truck yesterday 55 deg outside same thing happend pulled out of the driveway and i had like no throtle responce almost like the injectors were stuck our something it tried to go but just wouldnt. i could put it to the floor and it would take forever for the rpms to rise after about a mile of town driving it started acting normal. could my injectors be sticking??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts