Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Mean Green
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is cold air the best way to go with the 6.0s? or would i be safer keeping my stock box in it? I want my turck to run good but i also want it to last. anybody have problems with runnin open filters or anything?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
im running a wix conversion box in mine that has a flat paper element instead of that damn powercore.... the powercore im sure is a great filter... but my wix is way simpler... 135$ for the box and 35$ for the filters

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Stock filter should last 80-100k. They are pricey but the best filter till you get a bigger turbo.

·
Mean Green
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanx for the tips. but what about wear and tear on the turbo? lets say i have a truck with a stock filter and one with an afe cold air intake. which one will be putting more wear and tear on my turbo?

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
i hate the design on the factory filter, and if you live in a dirty climate its plugged in a single oil change.... idk if blowin them out is good but thats what we did to our service trucks for awhile till i got sick of it and swapped them out for the wix conversion

·
Mean Green
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i hate the design on the factory filter, and if you live in a dirty climate its plugged in a single oil change.... idk if blowin them out is good but thats what we did to our service trucks for awhile till i got sick of it and swapped them out for the wix conversion
I dont like the stock filtes either i just want to keep my truck safe

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
im not to big on filters that have to have oil to filter properly... the wix is stupid proof..... never been a fan of anything that involved gauze or oil

·
Power Junky
1,054 Posts
Seruously plugged the stock filter up in a oil change? I live in a fairly dusty area and have not had any issues with the stock filter in over 40k of driving. The stock filter can hold 3.5lbs of dirt and still flow. The stock filters 97% and other get as close as 95%. There are very few reports of dusted turbos from a stock housing, there are a lot of dusted turbos that are claimed to be from after market filters.

·
Mean Green
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Seruously plugged the stock filter up in a oil change? I live in a fairly dusty area and have not had any issues with the stock filter in over 40k of driving. The stock filter can hold 3.5lbs of dirt and still flow. The stock filters 97% and other get as close as 95%. There are very few reports of dusted turbos from a stock housing, there are a lot of dusted turbos that are claimed to be from after market filters.
yeah i have hear that. its dusty down here during the summer and i live on a ####ty dirt road i just dont wanna cause any problems

·
Haters Gonna Hate
5,869 Posts
yep plugged it in a single oil change... its amazing what having a vehicle in the field every day will do to it.. and drivin through stalks checkin cattle late fall b4 calvin season

·
PSN Veteran
2,983 Posts
I have an S&B CAI on my truck, had it on almost a year and absolutely love it, plus the box works real good with the zoodad mod.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts