Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off which do you like or which do you feel works the best DRY filter or OILED filter? Also which intake do you like best or feel works best? :ford:

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
I absolutely love my AFE Stage 2, has worked as expected from day one. had the stage 1, and the stage 2 is day and night difference

·
A Ghost these days.
1,017 Posts
I think for a typical over the road truck the dry will do the job. It you live/work or frequent very dusty environments the oil might grab a few extra particles of dirt. I think the consensus is the AFE2 is one of the best. Airflow engineering is a site sponsor and might have something to add.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I think for a typical over the road truck the dry will do the job. It you live/work or frequent very dusty environments the oil might grab a few extra particles of dirt. I think the consensus is the AFE2 is one of the best. Airflow engineering is a site sponsor and might have something to add.
You've got that backwards. The paper/dry filters will filter better and are better suited for extremely dusty environments. The purpose of the oiled media filter is to reduce the pressure differential across the filter at high air flow.

·
A Ghost these days.
1,017 Posts
Thanks for catching me ass backwards statement. Ok so I can't multi task. :doh:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So AFE stage 2 dry vs. Brute force(sp) dry? Or ?

·
All done now
22,486 Posts
I like my 6637 myself.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What the 6637 Arisley?

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
6637 is the diy tymar type.

·
Canadian Powerstroker!
989 Posts

·
2nd class citizen
797 Posts
love my afe stage 2 with pro gaurd 7.never have dirt in my intake even when my air filter was extremely dirty from a sandstorm at dumont this year.

·
Needs more hours per day
1,781 Posts
I ran the 6637 for the lat 2-3 years, but recently switched to the AFE II, mainly out of curiousity. Performance wise, I can't tell a difference. I'll have to wait for some UOA's before I know anything about filtration.

When you say dry vs oiled, are you thinking along the lines of 6637 vs oiled AFE II, or along the lines of the AFE Dryguard vs either AFE standard oiled & Proguard oiled?

·
<==Drivin My Boat
528 Posts
I'll have my AFE pro dry a soon and its an upgrade from a k&n fipk. I'll be churious to see what the UOA numbers for silicon say

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I`ve narrowed it down between the AFEstage 2 pro gaurd w/ oil fillter or the AFE stage 2 with their pro gaurd dry filter. Which is the best filter , the one you have to oil, or the new dry filters? :peeman:

·
IA5520 Member
24 Posts
im also running the 6637 from napa and see no reason why to change to anything else there isnt a filter thats going to actually do any better and its not as expensive as the filters that you get a pretty lil sticker with

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
I have the AFE Pro Dry S filter, from the AFE stage 2 system, in my tymar type setup....

I dont have any UOA numbers but I will say that my old K&N had dirt and crap in the intake tube... now I have NOTHING!

I vote for the Pro Dry!

~Jim

·
Village Idiot
8,209 Posts
hey my filter doesn't have a sticker...it is etched and painted.

lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts