Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for some coil overs for my 08 6.4. It has a BDS 6in lift on it now with Rancho shocks front and rear. The front is starting to sag after having the lift on for about a year now. I'm wanting to get rid of the spring and shock setup on the front and just go with a coil over. For the rear on I am just looking for a better shock. I have read a lot about the King coil overs, but I'm not looking to put out that kind of money. They truck doesn't do any crazy off roading or anything like that. I dont pull any heavy loads to often, mostly just a 24" trailer with a couple bobcats and mowers.

I am just looking to get a better ride up front and get rid of the sag. I also like the look of the coil overs. However if you can educate me on a better spring/shock setup I may go with that. Just looking for some good options and also lengths I may need. Also if I could I would like to get a bolt on coil over setup, so I can do it myself. If you know of some good setups let me know. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
415 Posts
If you go with coilovers then you are going to spend some money. King, Icon and at the bottom Fabtech all make coilovers for the Ford. They will all be bolt on but you have to pop the rivets to get the stock coil buckets off first:D. Then just bolt the coilover buckets on and then the coilovers. I have Carli/King coilovers on mine. Did it myself in the driveway with handtools. Rivets would be a breeze with an airhammer drill. Rize Ind used to make a coilover mount that mounted to stock coil bucket but I do not know much about it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sir

At the 6" lfit height it is going to be a toss up really. If you special order a King over the Top construction and ultra small bottom, you will be able to fit in an 11" travel coil over at best! That is not alot of travel for the money. If you look at getting a good set of progressive rate coil springs and a good set of shocks, you will probably get more travel, better performance and better flex ability...

PP

·
Vendor
158 Posts
Sir

At the 6" lfit height it is going to be a toss up really. If you special order a King over the Top construction and ultra small bottom, you will be able to fit in an 11" travel coil over at best! That is not alot of travel for the money. If you look at getting a good set of progressive rate coil springs and a good set of shocks, you will probably get more travel, better performance and better flex ability...

PP
I agree,
Unless you do a kit that replaces the coil buckets (not cheap or easy) you will actually lose suspension travel. Going to a better coil like Pure's 6" progressive rate rates and a good set of shocks will be a better option especially if you are on a budget.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts