Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To clarify I currently have an 02 F350 CrewCab with a 4" ProComp lift. I want lose the leaf springs and go to coil suspension for the better turning radius and better ride. I would like to maintain my 4" of lift. I considered getting a complete set of front and rear axles and components from a donor truck and then adding a lift. In the little research I have done :)psn:) (thanks to those who responded to my other post) I was advised that the newer axles have a different bolt pattern so I would also have to get new tires and wheels (or at least new wheels). Not so great of news since mine are less than a year old and close to $2400.00 My question is are there any 4" coil conversions available? I know I saw a 6" conversion designed for the leaf spring to coils but if I remember right it was $3K or more:doh:. Are there other options available to get me to the coil suspension?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just noticed I posted this in the wrong forum. Mods can you move this to the suspension forum.

Thanks

·
Lost Cause
896 Posts
For the F-250 and F-350 SRW, the bolt pattern is the same from 1999 to present. DRW F-350 changed in 2005.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Not to many option if any if you only want 4" of lift. Most coilover conversion have at least 10" or more of lift. Full traction is 10" I beleive thats the lowest. I don`t think your going to see that much of a turn radius improvement to justify the cost. If you want a better ride you can look at Icon they ride great for leaf springs. Just my 2 cents!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
393 Posts
Bolt pattern is definitely the same. You need to talk to Cary from CTPerformance.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I know some guy`s from frodtruckworld who did the swap and likes it. Farmboyfabracation who I think used to be a sponce on here had a 4x4 offroad shop in florida and he installed a few and seam to have good feed back on the lift. The most oustanding coilover conversion is OneUpOffroad, but your talking big $$$ , but it`s worth it!!!!! Full-Traction 4-Link Coilover Conversion System - 2001 Ford F250 - 8-Lug Magazine
2003 Ford F-350 - Off-Road Magazine
Fabtech`s coilover conversion. Full Traction Suspension - Super Duty - Off-Road Magazine
The Kings of coilover conversion One Up Offroad Home :bowfast:

·
Registered
474 Posts
Bolt patterns are the same the offsets are differant . The new trucks have a wider track, I pretty sure!!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
474 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
i have been looking into this for some time. trevor from pmf fabrication has a 6" coil over conversion for our trucks. he said that he can customize it to be 4.5 but said the ride will suffer due to the decrease in wheel travel available. when i get enought money saved, this is the route i will take. and he can build it to mate with any of the coilover manufacturers. or he can supply his branded shocks with the kit. just another option.
clarence

·
Registered
878 Posts
why buy something demodified to be less that it was designed when the Carli system offers a 4.5' full coilover system with plush ride and damn fine articulation?????? Beats me

·
Registered
474 Posts
For the $ they want for that lift system , you might as well just bite the bullet and go with the ONEUPOFFROAD!!!! :ford:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
why buy something demodified to be less that it was designed when the Carli system offers a 4.5' full coilover system with plush ride and damn fine articulation?????? Beats me
Where do you see one for a 2002 F350? I looked at the link and they are available for 05 on up...

·
Registered
474 Posts
Where do you see one for a 2002 F350? I looked at the link and they are available for 05 on up...
You are right they only make their lifts for the 05 and up , not sure why he keeps telling you about those systems when they will not work on your truck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts