Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy all,
last couple of weeks I have been having problems with my truck. 1st multiple fuel leaks, got those fixed and now what appears to be transmission problems. Truck shifts hard into 1st and 2nd and then is fine. Here are the codes it is throwing:

P1280 ICP CKT Out of range low

P0113 IAT CKT High input

P1284 ICP Fault

P1718 Transmission control switch out of range

P0476 Exhaust pressure control valve

Thanks,
Craig

·
OEM Moderator
9,381 Posts
I think your transmission problem might be a bad range selector switch. One of the smart tranny guys would know for sure. A couple of the others are common on a modded truck. The P0113 IAT CKT High input makes me wonder if you have the intake air sensor plugged in.

Tom

·
Registered
392 Posts
Do you have the diagnostic info to trouble shoot the codes? They should be checked in the right order. Either fuel, oil, or tranny related codes are to be fixed first. Then codes cleared and retested. Some codes are caused by the malfunction itself and are false--"ghost" codes.

The pcm is really just dumb, or it would be capable of isolating the exact failure. It needs a human to figure out the real problem.:D As Tom said, make sure that sensor is plugged in. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is what I have found.......a bad ICP. While fixing a fuel leak I unknowingly broke the connector on top of the ICP. Got a new one today and most of my issues have resolved.

I have a modified air intake and exhaust so that might be why those codes are showing.

I appreciate the input fellas.

Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts