Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to Advance Auto to get my car scanned for codes and founf out they have there code scanners 50% off right now got a $187 scanner for $101 with tax they have one that is about half that price too. You cant bet that if you are looking for one.

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
Never seen anything that the local parts places sold that will talk to a powerstroke pcm.

I use autoenginuity software and a notebook computer with my truck.

·
Down N' Out
546 Posts
I have an Actron code scanner that reads my powerstroke.... It's read all the codes my truck has thrown, and it's thrown quite a few....

Actron®
Ya can get it at any of the local parts stores around here....

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya the one i got is a actron and we pulled code on a 00 ex 7.3 but haven't tried anything else yet.

·
Down N' Out
546 Posts
Ya the one i got is a actron and we pulled code on a 00 ex 7.3 but haven't tried anything else yet.
It pulled the codes for my egr when it crapped out, and the code for my #8 injector havin a low circuit the times it threw those codes.... obviously on my 03 6.0

·
PSN Mega Miler
6,480 Posts
I own an acctron obd ii scanner and mine shows volts and I think 2 other things and wouldnt do the codes on my 2002.

Works great with my other cars and trucks though.

·
Down N' Out
546 Posts
I have the little pocket scan, the link in my first post.... all it does is display the code number....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts