Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This weekend I did a Flo-pro EGR delete with the intake elbow. Just got the truck back up and running tonight because I broke the plastic coolant hose in the engine bay. lol Anyhow... Truck is now running and after about 30-60 seconds of running the truck starts running rough and throws the code P0301. What would be the problem? Truck ran great and never had a problem prior to doing the delete. I have not drove the truck yet so dont know how it would drive. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
9,722 Posts
P0301 - Cylinder 1 Misfire Detected

Description: The powertrain control module (PCM) continuously monitors the crankshaft speed and acceleration for each cylinder event. When the deceleration is detected the PCM uses the crankshaft position (CKP) and the camshaft position (CMP) signal information to determine which cylinder misfired. The DTC is set when the misfire event occurred in the cylinder due to a poor cylinder compression, fuel delivery concern or mechanical engine concern.

Possible Causes:
• Fuel injector
• Base engine concerns

Diagnostic Aids: Access the freeze frame data (if available) and record the DTC conditions. The misfire freeze frame data may be used to determine the operating conditions when the misfire DTC was set.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
But it runs perfectly fine for about 30-60 seconds before this happens. I am wondering if this something to do with tunning?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just went out to the truck and erased the codes on my H&S BlackMaxx and restarted the truck. Same thing happened again. Started up great and ideled great for the first 30 seconds, and then it started running rough and this time it threw codes P0301(which is Cylinder #1 missfire detected), code P0263(which is Cylinder #1 Contribution/Balance), code P0284(which is Cylinder #8 Contribution/Balance). I am just wondering if it has something to do with the tuning because I took off the stock intake elbow and there were three wiring harnesses that plugged into that. Those sensors are now not plugged in at all because of the new intake elbow.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This morning I went out and started the truck up and it ran great. No more codes and ideled great. Maybe possibly spilt some water when filling up the radiator or a connection or something? Not sure what happened but it ok now. I feel much better now!!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have just experienced the same problem with my 08. i just got it running last night after replacing the heads, all 8 injectors, high pressure pump, and egr delete with high flow intake elbow. while idling started running rough and set codes 301 and 263. did yours really just fix itself

·
Registered
518 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is most likely water in the connections under the coolant tank on the drivers side. Take the connectors apart and blow out with an airhose. Put the connectors back together and clear the codes on your tuner and see what happens. This is what happened to me.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Nope. None of those sensors had anything to do with injectors. They were EGR related and with EGR delete tuning should not matter.
FYI I run a H&S and I don't have those sensors connected (intake elbow)
Glad to hear it sounds like you have your problems solved. I'm curious, what tunes were you running (easy, regular, hot Damn)?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts