Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my truck back from the shop today after getting a new oil cooler. On my drive home the truck was making a wooshing noise from the turbo. I still had boost according to my Edge Insight, but it did not make as much as it should or as quickly as it should. Tried the VGT relearn and that didn't help. Guessing from what I've read maybe the clamp on the bottom of the turbo isn't on correctly and lined up with the pipe correctly?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,327 Posts
P132B is a code related to the calibration from the recall 06E17 (part of the Inferred EBP strategy). It means that there is a problem with the VGT system. P132B is a fault code that is set if the required boost levels are not achieved during a learn cycle or at specific speed fuel demand points. This code indicates that there are issues with the turbocharger, MAF sensor, MAP sensor/hose, IAT2 sensor, intake leaks, or exhaust leaks, etc. Frequently it is a sticking turbo issue. This code can also throw a P0401 EGR code.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking from what I've read that there's an exhaust leak from the y pipe or up pipe, has anyone had this same thing happen?

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,327 Posts
P132B is a code related to the calibration from the recall 06E17 (part of the Inferred EBP strategy). It means that there is a problem with the VGT system. P132B is a fault code that is set if the required boost levels are not achieved during a learn cycle or at specific speed fuel demand points. This code indicates that there are issues with the turbocharger, MAF sensor, MAP sensor/hose, IAT2 sensor, intake leaks, or exhaust leaks, etc. Frequently it is a sticking turbo issue. This code can also throw a P0401 EGR code.
It certainly could be a leak in the exhaust piping .........

Any excess noise? exhaust smell? have you checked for leaks with say a rag or piece of paper to look for movement/fluttering at the various joints?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Was an exhaust leak. Up pipe wasn't on quite right.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts