Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey what is this code 2262 ? I have browsed a lil and haven't found what it is.My POS truck has been really slow to build Boost after it has been idling for a few min, but then it wld pick up and roll great till I stop again. thanks MP

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,646 Posts
Code P2262 is set when MGP does not go above 5 kPa or 0.7 psi when the following conditions are meet: RPM must be above 2800, VFDES above 20, and EGRVP below 0.10. all of these conditions must be met for at least 5 seconds before the code would be set. This code is used to detect a MAP sensor hose that has come off.

Stuck turbo, MAP sensor, MAP hose plugged or leaking or off, CAC leaks, intake leaks, exhaust restriction, EBP sensor or EBP tube plugged.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gotcha...I changed that today and it DIDN'T HELP ANY ! Stock it will barely pull itself and BUILDS ZERO boost, but with my programmer on it is builds zero boost for about a 1/8 mile then it smokes like crazy and builds good boost and hauls butt.However once you stop again it does the same thing all over again. NEXT OPTION ? THANKS FOR THE HELP

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
Pull the downpipe off and drive it. Does it improve? Better yet, is the air filter plugged or restricted?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I pulled my air filter out last night and it made no difference, gonna try to pull the down pipe tonight .It may be my imagination but seems like I am hearing more turbo chatter that i can recall ( like when ya stand on it and ya hear the turbo spooling down ) my ole 7.3 I heard this alot but I don't recall hearing it that much/often on the 6leaker.

M_Chan where are ya going with the down pipe ? Could that resonator be clogged or giving me my issues ? thanks Mark

·
"resident smarty pants"
4,646 Posts
I believe he is addressing a possible exhaust restricton (one of the items I listed in the earlier post). It would more likely be a plugged cat. than the resonator.

Did you thoroughly look for intake, CAC, exhaust leaks?
Did you clean the EBP tube?

May very well turn out to be a stuck turbo - it might require a good cleaning.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The only thing under my truck is the resonator/cat....I have 5'' straights with no muffler.

What is the CAC ? AND EBP ? I didn't get time to pull the down pipe today cause I worked 15 hrs.
I have a Vollant cold air intake on it also/filter is very clean also.

This thing is wierd cause it won't hardly run until the rpm's stay around 3k and it doesn't wanna shift then all of a sudden it takes off and build boost ? I cleared the code again yesterday when I changed the MAP sensor and it still runs bout the same.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
sounds like the tuurbo needs cleaned, or the VGT solenoid is toast.

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
My past experiences with two trucks that I remember specifically setting only P2262 by itself, has been a MAP sensor hose blown off the brass nipple on the intake on one truck, and the substrate/monolith inside that cat that came apart on another truck.

If you have verified that MAP/BARO/EBP are all within a couple points of each other on a scan tool that can read live data at key-on/engine-off, then the next step is to remove and disassemble the turbo for inspection and cleaning of the unison ring (or replacement) as needed.

But the symptom you describe, gives me the awful impression that your turbo (or just the center rotating housing assembly) likely needs to be replaced. To verify this, check your VGT duty cycle % reading when the engine is idling. If it's stuck at 85%, chances are I'm right.

·
m-chan68
116 Posts
I believe he is addressing a possible exhaust restricton (one of the items I listed in the earlier post). It would more likely be a plugged cat. than the resonator.
Wow Mark, how many more times are you going to reply on my behalf (and be right all the time)?LOL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts