Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I'm gonna need a clutch real soon. So far only have whats in my sig but plan to put injectors hpop etc. Plan to be in 400 HP range within a year. Would a clutch that is rated for 450 now be to hard to drive till then? Like jerky? Don't know much on clutches so any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
An SBC Con-OFE might be a little grabby, but probably not too bad. Hopefully someone that's running one will chime in here. Cheers!

·
Drive it like ya stole it
186 Posts
Valair has some good stuff

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have. 04 f250 and I'm sitting about 440hp and I got the 500hp south bend clutch. Once it broke in it wasn't bad after you learn how to control it.

·
STILL LEARNING
18,324 Posts
Do you do any towing?

I absolutely HATED my SB OFE in my 2000. I had to constantly use 4wLO to jockey a trailer.

I just put a Valiar Organic in my 97 and i love it,but I am not at 400HP either

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i do tow around 12+K occasionally. where can i find the valiar organic?

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
The SBC Con-O is organic as well, but I don't think it's going to be up to holding 400 HP and towing 12k. Cheers!

·
Registered
290 Posts
My southbend Con O did not hold up to stage 1 sticks and canned tunes.

I now have a Con OFE. Runs fine, very easy pedal, I even took out the helper spring to make it stiffer.

Its a little grabby, but blip the throttle and it smoothes out. Works excellent under a load.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
186 Posts
Just give Valair a call and they'll set you up with what you need. If you're in the military ask for your discount.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts