Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1996 f350 single wheel powerstroke I recently put a new clutch, flywheel, throw out bearing, and I switched to solid flywheel. I have tried everything to finish bleeding the clutch from free bleeding to taking the slave cylinder off and pumping by hand I only have about an inch of clutch pedal I need some help any tips or anything?

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
5,373 Posts
Put it all back together, take the cap off the master and just push back on the slave rod several times. Helps to have an assistant looking at the master to see if bubbles come up. Keep pushing (may take several tens of repetitions) until no bubbles.

Worst case - get a complete new kit - master, line and slave, pre-built pre-filled pre-bled. Hooks up in about 10 minutes.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
gravity bleeding has worked well for me as well, just make sure you watch your fluid level when using this method

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
This may sound stupid, but give thios a try: Unclip the slave from the bell housing and let it hang by the hose. Disconnect the clutch master from the pedal linkage (that's the trick to it I found). Cycle the slave by hand slowly 5 to 10 times, making sure everything goes uphill from the slave. Reassemble and you should be good. For some reason, sometimes the lack of a slight bit of "free play" (different than slop in the bushing!) in the master rod causes a problem. This usually happens when the master is replaced or the pedal linkage arm has been re-clocked. Hope that helps. Cheers!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Take it down the roughest back road you can find. I read that somewhere and though it was crazy but it actually works. It makes the trapped work its way to the top.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Waking up a thread . . . .

What if the slave cylinder piston doesn't return after you push it in?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts