Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my Luk clutch kit in{Thanks Diesel site},what slave are you people running?any other parts I should consider?I looked at the Ac delco prebleed slave is this ok?The truck has 180k,dual mass finally giving way.Thanks in advance

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
Your kit should have all the parts you will need to change for your clutch as long as you have no other problems lingering, the kit should be fine for you.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wasn't sure if people upgrade the slave

·
Senior Veteran Member
937 Posts
I didnt at all. mine was in good shape though. If yours is leaking that is a different story. With my clutch kit it works fine. I love mine. It is a Valair.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks,It was a toss up between Valair or Luk,They both seem pretty good set-ups.just found a real good deal on the Luk.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
there is no upgrade that i'm aware of for our hydraulics. i went back to the Ford slave after blowing out many AC Delco's and whatever else i tried totalling out to 13 slave cylinders. i'm now using the Ford slave w/ the bleeder screw. It's almost twice the bore of the ones i was getting from misc parts stores so maybe it will hold up.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there is no upgrade that i'm aware of for our hydraulics. i went back to the Ford slave after blowing out many AC Delco's and whatever else i tried totalling out to 13 slave cylinders. i'm now using the Ford slave w/ the bleeder screw. It's almost twice the bore of the ones i was getting from misc parts stores so maybe it will hold up.
Thanks,If I got to guess it will Ford.

·
Team Shade-Tree Mechanic
635 Posts
Just a note: The LUK clutch is VERY easy to operate compared to the stock dual mass. The stock hydraulics should hold up just fine. But you will kinda have to learn how to drive your truck again :poke:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts