Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Travelin PhotoG
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Stock Clutch is not going to hang in there much longer, Ive been looking at the Valair Clutchs, and need to know what would be the best suggestion as to which one

My mods are in the sig,

mods to come

38R Turbo
Swamps Tow injectors

Now I tow alot with this truck, most of the miles I drive are with my 5th wheel behind it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
i have a valair full ceramic button clutch in my truck, before that i had a full kevlar and i didn't like it at all because i told the guys right at valair i do a little towing with the truck and they thought that the kevlar was the solution and it turned out that there is no showing off with it strictly towing and i just took it back out and they replaced it for me and i'm very satisfied with it (ceramic) i would recomend the full kevlar clutch if you just tow it has a very smooth engagement and it can hold a decent amount of hp if you want to show off with the kevlar clutch i wouldn't recomend it to you cause it can hold the hp once the clutch is engaged dropping the clutch doesn't work with the kevlar it just burns it up if you want more show off you can get the kevlar/ceramic clutch little cheaper than the full kevlar

·
Travelin PhotoG
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What are you meaning by "showing off?" lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
the kevlar clutch isn't meant to be slipped very much at all, showing off i mean like dropping the clutch anything relating to beating on the clutch

·
Travelin PhotoG
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the kevlar clutch isn't meant to be slipped very much at all, showing off i mean like dropping the clutch anything relating to beating on the clutch
ahhh, this is my first 6 spd, I slip the clutch, usually not paying attention, lol

·
Registered
27 Posts
if i were you i would go with the ceramic/kevlar cause if you are going to have more mods in the future just might as well get done the way you want the first time

·
Travelin PhotoG
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This one?

13" x 1.375" Performance Replacement
Ceramic / Kevlar Buttons (both sides of disc shown)
HD Spring Hub
Rated @ 500HP / 1000 ft lbs Torque
3400# Pressure Plate
Kit includes:3400# Pressure Plate, Clutch Disc, Release Bearing, Pilot Bearing and Alignment Tool.

·
Travelin PhotoG
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sweet! Thanks for the help, hopefully I will be ordering one in the next few weeks

·
oilfield trucker
849 Posts
I'm running the valair kevlar ceramic clutch. It is awesome, truck shifts smoother than my stock clutch did. I tow with mine a little and drive it daily. I'm pushing around 450hp and have had zero issues with slipping.

·
Lovin Life...
2,900 Posts
It may be worth your time to give Carson Stauffer a call. He has some nice options.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts