Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving the other day and my clutch return spring fell off, or at least thats what i think it is. it connects to the clutch pedal and then to some pot metal behind it. My question is is this something really worth worrying about or not. My clutch returns just fine and works just fine. there is a little play in the pedal due to the spring being gone but not much maybe a quarter to half of an inch. any help would be great!!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well i like it better cause its not so hard to push down now. it did suck when i was in stop and go traffic. Someone had told me it would mess with my throw out bearing.

·
Registered
277 Posts
c/p from Southbend site. This is for their aftermarket clutches.

Important
This clutch design will offer a very soft pedal. When truck is modified and under load the clutch pedal may stick to the floor.

Remedy
Remove the helper spring on the clutch pedal. By doing this, it will not only firm the clutch pedal up some, but resolve any clutch pedal inversion problems.

If you don't like the 'light' feel of their clutches, you can remove the spring to firm it up. The spring is in their to help 'soften' the feel (think less pressure to apply) of the stock clutch. What confuses me is how you find it "not so hard to push down"????? :confused:

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the spring was or would be applying pressure back to the clutch pedal that is why it is now easier to push down! If we are talkin about the same spring i dunno if it is for sure the return spring but do know that is where it was located so whatever that spring is called

1 - 7 of 7 Posts