Ford Power Stroke Nation banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Work in progress
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be installing a 6 speed into my truck in a couple months and need help choosing a clutch. Truck is in my sig below.
I pretty much just use the truck to tow and drive to work about 3-4 days a week. I tow any where from 5-15k.
When I bought the trans it came with luk clutch with 30k on it I think. He said the clutch all ready has the big fly wheel so I should be able to reuse it?
I need help deciding which clutch and where to get it. Heard nothing but good things about both SB and Valair.
I am going to be adding some 250/80's down the road. Would a higher HP clutch work with my current setup or would it be to grabby?
Any info or a point in the right direction would be helpful thanks.

·
Death Row Inmate #7
1,458 Posts
I am going to be installing a 6 speed into my truck in a couple months and need help choosing a clutch. Truck is in my sig below.
I pretty much just use the truck to tow and drive to work about 3-4 days a week. I tow any where from 5-15k.
When I bought the trans it came with luk clutch with 30k on it I think. He said the clutch all ready has the big fly wheel so I should be able to reuse it?
I need help deciding which clutch and where to get it. Heard nothing but good things about both SB and Valair.
I am going to be adding some 250/80's down the road. Would a higher HP clutch work with my current setup or would it be to grabby?
Any info or a point in the right direction would be helpful thanks.
Valair full ceramic all day long. I'm running one in my truck at 400hp and it's rated at 600hp and it's not too grabby. i like it a lot and it can tow too.Their customer service cannot be beat, their clutches are AWESOME to say the least, and they are going to be cheaper than SBC...

·
Registered
844 Posts
Valair all the way ive ran both the valair and sbc and perfer valair plus they are half the price of a sbc

1 - 5 of 5 Posts